Advancements in research have led to the identification of a growing number of genetic and neuroimaging markers of migraine.
Many translational barriers exist between preclinical research and clinical practice.
Published interim results of ongoing clinical trials often report analyses without justification and may mislead clinicians about whether a particular drug or therapy is beneficial.
The benefits associated with medical cannabis therapy may be overestimated due to inadequate blinding in clinical trials.
Scientists continue to be the targets of legal action from pharmaceutical, medical device, and nutraceutical companies when published studies frame these companies' products in an unfavorable light.
Researchers have created a set of 21 candidate criteria for systemic lupus erythematosus as apart of a multiphase development of a set of criteria for the disease.
The Lupus Foundation of America announced it is accepting applications for 8 research grants to fund lupus research.
In January 2017, the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine released a report titled "The Health Effects of Cannabis and Cannabinoids: The Current State of Evidence and Recommendation for Research."
The DEA's plan to list kratom as a Schedule I controlled substance would make researching the possible opioid substitute much more difficult.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Reviewing the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of Cannabis-Based Medicines for Chronic Neuropathic Pain
- Tackling the Chronic Pain and Opioid Use Disorder Crises Through Public-Private Partnerships
- How the City of San Francisco Is Tackling the Intertwined HIV/HCV and Opioid Epidemics
- Pain Tolerance in Buprenorphine Maintenance Treatment
- The State of Drug Storage, Disposal Labeling Information for Opioid Analgesics
- Radiofrequency Ablation for Chronic Hip Pain: Reviewing the Evidence
- Opioid Use Disorder Treatment: Evidence-Based Guideline
- Betel Quid Addiction and Implications for Substance Use Disorder
- Low Back Pain: Contributing Factors, Prophylactic Strategies, and Effective Treatments
- Peripherally Acting Opioid and Cannabinoid May Be Effective for Neuropathic Pain
- Predicting Suicidal Ideation in Veterans With Chronic Pain
- Femoral Nerve Block Alone or in Combination With Sciatic Nerve Block for TKA: A Meta-Analysis
- Improved Care Efficiency Requires a More Manageable System
- Recommendations Developed on Gender Equity in Medicine
- Medication Adherence, Blood Pressure Reduction Assessed With Smartphone App Use