There's only one way to resolve the dissonance between personal beliefs and professional obligations: remembering that physicians take an oath pledging fealty to patients' health, not their own belief systems.
Researchers discuss generic drug market failure, whereby a generic drug manufacturer increases the drug price, which can compromise care.
FDA Commissioner, Scott Gottlieb MD, said, "The FDA shares the goal of ensuring that American patients have access to quality and affordable care that meets their needs."
Patients who use medical marijuana may be more likely to use prescription drugs for both medical and nonmedical purposes.
Making Alternative Payment Plans Mandatory: Inherent Risks and Pitfalls in Reducing Healthcare Costs
The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI) program was created by the Affordable Care Act to identify and test new strategies for reimbursement in an effort to reduce growing healthcare costs.
Regulatory requirements are likely to be an important aspect of physician dissatisfaction with electronic health records that is driving burnout.
Only 19 percent of organizations use computer software to monitor compliance with Final Rule.
The approval was based on a 12-week, double-blind, placebo-controlled study (N=295) in pediatric patients 4-17 years of age.
The Department of Health and Human Services has announced the creation of the Conscience and Religious Freedom Division within the HHS Office of Civil Rights.
Survey finds that 98 percent of respondents report experiencing drug shortages on a consistent basis.
U.S. hospitals will have to post their standard prices online and make it easier for patients to access their electronic medical records, Medicare officials said.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Opioid Use in Chronic Low Back Pain: A Population Study
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- First Non-Opioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- IV Tramadol Significantly Reduces Post-Op Pain in Phase 3 Study
- Telehealth-Delivered Behavioral Therapy, Supportive Care Beneficial for Low Back Pain
- Patient-Controlled Analgesia Pumps Have Low Device-Related Error Rates
- Adding Chiropractic to Usual Care Beneficial for Low Back Pain
- Illness Perceptions Mediate Back Pain, Quality of Life in Early Axial Spondyloarthritis