RECOMBIVAX HB DIALYSIS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hepatitis B surface antigen vaccine (recombinant) 40mcg/mL; susp for IM inj; aluminum hydroxide adsorbed; preservative-free.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for RECOMBIVAX HB DIALYSIS:
Hepatitis B immunization.
Adults and Children:
Use correct formulation; see literature. Give IM into anterolateral thigh for children; deltoid for adults. May give SC if risk of hemorrhage. Patients 0–19yrs of age (three-dose regimen): give 1st dose of 5mcg at elected date and repeat after 1 month (2nd dose) and 6 months after first dose (3rd dose). Or, for patients 11–15yrs of age, may use alternate two-dose regimen: give 1st dose of 10mcg at elected date and repeat after 4–6 months (2nd dose). Patients ≥20yrs of age: give 1st dose of 10mcg at elected date and repeat after 1 month (2nd dose) and 6 months after first dose (3rd dose). Dialysis and pre-dialysis patients: give 1st dose of 40mcg at elected date and repeat after 1 month (2nd dose) and 6 months after first dose (3rd dose); consider booster dose if antibody levels fall to <10mIU/mL. High-risk infants (mother is HBsAg positive or unknown) or if exposed to HBsAg: give hepatitis B immune globulin also (see literature).
Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Serious active infection. Severely compromised cardiopulmonary status. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Local reactions, irritability, fatigue, headache, fever, malaise, nausea, diarrhea, anorexia, pharyngitis, upper respiratory infection, anaphylaxis.
Single-dose vials: Ped/Adolescent 5mcg/0.5mL (yellow cap)—1, 10; Adult 10mcg/1mL (green cap)—1, 10; Dialysis 40mcg/1mL (blue cap)—1
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- FDA Takes Steps to Reconcile Needs of Patients With Chronic Pain, Efforts to Curb Opioid Epidemic
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Stat Consult: Chronic Low Back Pain
- Opioid Misuse May Help Predict Alcohol Dependence Treatment Outcomes
- Neuropathic Symptoms Worsen Quality of Life, Function in Hip, Knee Osteoarthritis
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- Switching From Buprenorphine-Naltrexone to XR-Naltrexone as Effective as XR-Naltrexone
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Human Diagnosis Project Aims to Address Challenges Among Uninsured
- Healthcare Technology Affects Younger Patient Satisfaction
- FDA Announces New Drug Shortages Task Force