Generic Name and Formulations:
Edaravone 30mg/100mL; soln for IV infusion; contain sulfites.
Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma America
Indications for RADICAVA:
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
Give as IV infusion over 60mins. Initial cycle: 60mg (given as two consecutive 30mg infusions) daily for 14 days, followed by 14 days off. Subsequent cycles: 60mg daily for 10 days out of 14-day periods, followed by 14 days off.
Monitor for hypersensitivity reactions; discontinue and treat if occur. Asthma. Sulfite sensitivity. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Free radical scavenger.
Confusion, gait disturbance, headache, dermatitis, eczema, respiratory failure/disorders, hypoxia, glycosuria, tinea infection; hypersensitivity reactions, anaphylaxis.
Single-dose bags—1, 2
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Seven-Item Pain Intensity Measure Reliable in Individuals With Dementia
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Reviewing the Efficacy of Invasive Procedures for Chronic Back, Knee Pain
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Lower Weighting of Hand Cortical Representations in CRPS
- Predicting Success of Focal Nerve Surgery Based on Diagnostic Block Response
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- FDA Announces Draft Guidance for Consumer OTC Access to Previously Prescription Drugs
- Maryland Legislature: Will Federal Courts Permit State Regulation of Drug Prices?