A number of factors including chronic pain co-occurring with posttraumatic stress disorder and pain interference may predict suicidal ideation and violent impulses in US veterans with chronic pain.
Sleep Quality May Mediate the Association Between Pain and PTSD Symptom Severity in Youth With Chronic PainFebruary 15, 2018
Greater severity of post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms may be associated with higher levels of pain intensity and pain interference in pediatric patients with chronic pain, and this relationship may be partly mediated by sleep quality.
For youth with chronic pain, researchers found that sleep quality partially mediated the relationships between PTSD and pain intensity and interference.
Patients with chronic pain and ≥1 posttraumatic stress disorder symptom, particularly numbness or detachment, have poor pain-related outcomes.
An expert shares his insight on how victims of sexual harassment respond to trauma, and how you can best support your patients who have experienced sexual harassment or abuse.
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder May Predict Headache-Related Disability After Traumatic Physical InjuryJanuary 19, 2018
Investigators assessed single-incident traumatic physical injury survivors for symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder and a composite of depression and anxiety symptoms.
Although patients with migraine appear to be at a higher risk for suicide than the general population, migraineurs diagnosed with depression, anxiety, or posttraumatic stress disorder do not show a suicide association.
Catastrophic thinking about pain in children may mediate the relationship between chronic pain and posttraumatic stress disorder in both children and parents.
In patients with concomitant fibromyalgia and PTSD, opioid therapy was shown to improve quality of life and help patients return to a greater sense of "normalcy."
Women who are pregnant and have migraines are more likely to have posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) than women without migraine.
Women with fibromyalgia and chronic widespread pain had elevated levels of childhood adversity, including sexual and emotional abuse.
A 12-week CBT program led to reductions in PTSD and substance abuse in transgender women with HIV.
Trauma exposure plays a significant role in both pain response and development of chronic pain.
The presence of headache may be correlated with PTSD severity.
Both patients with migraine and migraine-free control patients with photophobia were found to exhibit higher rates of depression, anxiety, and stress than individuals without photophobia.
Post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms following motor vehicle collisions contribute substantially to ongoing axial pain throughout the year following the accident.
Researchers have found that posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms improved in veterans with obstructive sleep apnea who were treated with continuous positive airway pressure.
The opportunity exists to radically change the way medicine approaches TBI.
Ruth Defrin, PhD, and colleagues from Tel-Aviv University in Israel have uncovered new information on the mechanism underlying comorbid PTSD and chronic pain.
Those with PTSD showed decreased path length and increased clustering coefficient, global efficiency, and local efficiency.
7-year-old demonstrated sustained remission from symptoms of aggression, emotional dysregulation.
It's never too late to seek help, experts say
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Deaths After Nonfatal Opioid Overdose: Causes and Risk Factors
- Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Associated With Reduced Risk for Opioid-Related Deaths
- Opioid-Free Analgesia Use for Postsurgical Pain Limited
- Clonidine May Not Improve Post-Cesarean Delivery Analgesia
- No Added Value With Liposomal Bupivacaine Following TKA With Peripheral Nerve Block
- Recommendations for Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Tolerance
- Vertebroplasty Comparable With Placebo for Acute Vertebral Compression Fractures
- Capsaicin 8% Patch May Be Effective in Neuropathic Pain
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Prior Authorization Policy May Help Reduce Long-Acting Opioid Use
- Opioid-Related Deaths Represent Significant Public Health Burden
- Addressing Confidentiality Concerns With Electronic Access to Pediatric Medical Records
- Opioid-Related Adverse Events Common After Invasive Procedures
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Migraine in Children Should Consider Atopy
- Led by AG Sessions, DOJ Declines to Defend ACA Against Federal Lawsuit