Trauma exposure plays a significant role in both pain response and development of chronic pain.
The presence of headache may be correlated with PTSD severity.
Both patients with migraine and migraine-free control patients with photophobia were found to exhibit higher rates of depression, anxiety, and stress than individuals without photophobia.
Post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms following motor vehicle collisions contribute substantially to ongoing axial pain throughout the year following the accident.
Researchers have found that posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms improved in veterans with obstructive sleep apnea who were treated with continuous positive airway pressure.
The opportunity exists to radically change the way medicine approaches TBI.
Ruth Defrin, PhD, and colleagues from Tel-Aviv University in Israel have uncovered new information on the mechanism underlying comorbid PTSD and chronic pain.
Those with PTSD showed decreased path length and increased clustering coefficient, global efficiency, and local efficiency.
7-year-old demonstrated sustained remission from symptoms of aggression, emotional dysregulation.
It's never too late to seek help, experts say
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Radiofrequency Denervation for Facet Joint Arthropathy-Related Low Back Pain
- Telephone-Based vs In-Person CBT for Chronic Back Pain
- Persistent Pain Linked With Greater Memory Decline & Dementia Probability
- Allodynia and Pericranial Tenderness Highly Prevalent in Pediatric Patients With Migraine
- Reasons Why the Affordable Care Act is Wrongly Blamed for Increased Premiums
- Psychosocial Functioning Distinct From Symptomatic Improvement in Depression
- Ptosis Repair Effective for Relief From Tension-Type Headache
- Acute Pain Management in the Emergency Department With SoluMatrix Indomethacin
- Former Pharma Reps Recruited by Health Insurers to Cut Costs
- Subcutaneous Belimumab Effective on SLE