A number of shortcomings are associated with systematic reviews and meta-analyses of postoperative care.
Several classes of drugs reduce neuropathy-related pain better than placebo.
In patients with sciatica pain, treatment with pregabalin did not significantly reduce pain intensity compared with placebo.
The therapeutic efficacy of pregabalin in treating 2 types neuropathic pain (NeP) is not influenced by concomitant NeP medications.
Symptoms of diabetic peripheral neuropathy include lower-extremity weakness, in addition to tingling, pain and burning.
Lower cost for pregabalin Tx due to lower use of concomitant medications, fewer primary care visits, and fewer days of sick leave.
In all patients together, pregabalin significantly improved pain score at end point versus placebo; similar results were seen in each pain duration category.
A surprising number of patients already prescribed opioids were found to be abusing gabapentin.
Pregabalin was associated with shifts toward greater pain relief and improved function compared to placebo.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Transcranial Random Noise Stimulation Effective on Multiple Fibromyalgia-Associated Symptoms
- Comparing Dry Needling, Cortisone for Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome
- Vestibular Rehabilitation an Effective Treatment for Vestibular Migraine
- Secondary Hyperalgesia Mediated by Nociceptive and Other Sensory Pathways
- Naloxone: Policies and Access