Researchers identified characteristics associated with pain improvement in patients with fibromyalgia who take antidepressant medications.
In a 3-year period, 45% of patients with trigeminal neuralgia received at least 3 unique treatments.
A randomized trial found that pregabalin is not more effective than placebo in treating sciatica, and resulted in more adverse effects.
A number of shortcomings are associated with systematic reviews and meta-analyses of postoperative care.
Several classes of drugs reduce neuropathy-related pain better than placebo.
In patients with sciatica pain, treatment with pregabalin did not significantly reduce pain intensity compared with placebo.
The therapeutic efficacy of pregabalin in treating 2 types neuropathic pain (NeP) is not influenced by concomitant NeP medications.
Symptoms of diabetic peripheral neuropathy include lower-extremity weakness, in addition to tingling, pain and burning.
Lower cost for pregabalin Tx due to lower use of concomitant medications, fewer primary care visits, and fewer days of sick leave.
In all patients together, pregabalin significantly improved pain score at end point versus placebo; similar results were seen in each pain duration category.
A surprising number of patients already prescribed opioids were found to be abusing gabapentin.
Pregabalin was associated with shifts toward greater pain relief and improved function compared to placebo.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Radiofrequency Denervation for Facet Joint Arthropathy-Related Low Back Pain
- Telephone-Based vs In-Person CBT for Chronic Back Pain
- Persistent Pain Linked With Greater Memory Decline & Dementia Probability
- Allodynia and Pericranial Tenderness Highly Prevalent in Pediatric Patients With Migraine
- Reasons Why the Affordable Care Act is Wrongly Blamed for Increased Premiums