Building cohesive teams in teaching clinics can help blend clinical care with education for residents.
The growing threat of hacking is increasing the number of physicians buying cyber insurance.
Discharge summaries demonstrated higher mean speech recognition error rates.
Technical product specialists and other representatives of medical devices are typically available in-house to provide guidance to health professionals
Study results serve as an important impetus for physicians, nurses, hospital administrators, and others involved in the care of hospitalized patients to optimize sleep in the hospital setting.
Targeted steps can be taken to minimize future risks of lawsuits.
Although physicians typically struggle with change, relying on habits created in their practice, learning to change is important in order to improve practices and better deal with the changes sweeping through medicine.
Knowledge of a patient's spiritual beliefs can help physicians better tailor interventions to the individual patient while providing a deeper level of respect for their patients.
The development of a theoretical framework can help prevent the pervasive abuse, harassment, discrimination, and mistreatment of medical trainees.
There is considerable variation in specialty drug coverage across commercial health plans
Accountable Care Organization Growth Associated With Reduced Physician Work Hours and Self-EmploymentAugust 10, 2018
Well-performing ACOs make more efficient use of physician time by shifting tasks to other hospital team members.
By understanding three indices and metrics, physicians can change the financial outcome of their medical practice.
Sound healing — a meditation technique that focuses on the power of sound — may offer a solution to physician burnout.
Assessing and improving patient satisfaction can help physicians avoid being sued for malpractice.
Strategies include taking time for reflection, breaking away from pack, focusing on something specific
From 2003 to 2015, funding for the National Institutes of Health declined by 22% due to a nationwide decrease in biomedical research support.
Employees should undergo detailed background checks; practices should have zero-tolerance for theft
A same-day appointment system can feasibly be introduced.
In recent years, more healthcare professionals are choosing to work for organizations rather than starting their own practice.
The 340B Drug Pricing Program was designed to improve revenue generation among hospitals by allowing participating centers to purchase specific outpatient drugs at a wholesale discount.
Surrogate decision making for patients without decision-making capabilities or advance directives can be a challenging task to take on.
A peer-based education program can improve the efficiency of electronic health record use.
The FIRST trial was heavily debated in the medical community on publication,
Physician burnout, fatigue, and work-unit safety grades are independently associated with medical errors.
The Pharmacist eCare Plan is designed to improve communication between pharmacists and physicians by allowing documentation to be available via electronic health records.
Several strategies can be implemented to help address management of staff time off, allowing mutual respect for the employee and employer requests.
As of 2018, fewer than 10% of hospitals are without an electronic health record (EHR) system.
Patients are increasingly recording physician visits on their phones, should physicians do the same. MPR spoke with physician who advocates for recording in clinical practice.
In an era of larger-scale studies and increased data digitization, the question of which information is appropriate to disclose has become a focal point in medical ethics.
From 2001 to 2015 there was a decrease in the percentage of health care professionals who are self-employed and a decrease in the earning gap between self-employed and employed health care professionals.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Suprazygomatic Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block May Quickly Relieve Status Migrainosus Pain
- Electroacupuncture May Help Reduce Opioid Use in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- Predicting Pain Chronicization After Spine Surgery
- Chronic Low Back Pain Levels Vary Between Sex and Race
- FDA Approval of Medication With a Digital Monitoring System: Major Breakthrough or "Brave New World"?
- Errors in Clinical Notes Generated by Speech Recognition Are Not Uncommon
- Reducing Mortality After Overdose: Is Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Effective?