Opioid treatment of acute postoperative pain was shown to cause high rates of postoperative nausea and vomiting, particularly in women and younger patients.
Elevated rates of new persistent opioid use were found in patients undergoing both minor and major surgical procedures.
A number of shortcomings are associated with systematic reviews and meta-analyses of postoperative care.
There was a correlation for consistent vitamin D supplementation with increase in physical component of the SF-12 score.
An association was found between sleep quality and next-day pain intensity in children undergoing major surgery.
A standardized process for data analysis and internal benchmarking facilitated a reduction in pain following hip arthroplasty.
Psychological factors may influence the severity and duration of pain following surgery.
The usefulness of sPNB is limited due to the short duration of action, while a major limitation of cPNB is the significant investment.
Parents' experiences impacted by need to balance pros and cons of administering medicines.
Ropivacaine linked to reduced postoperative opioid consumption, pain versus placebo
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Vibrating Gloves Significantly Reduce Osteoarthritis-Related Hand Pain
- Neuroimaging for Chronic Pain: IASP Consensus Statement
- Neuroinflammation in Neuropathic Pain Indicated by Elevated Levels of Proinflammatory Chemokines in CSF
- Low-Dose Perineural Dexamethasone Prolongs Effects of Brachial Plexus Nerve Block
- Hypertension in Chronic Pain: Risk Factors
- Liposomal Bupivacaine Effective for Shoulder Arthroplasty-Related Pain
- Reducing the P-Value for Statistical Significance to Improve the Quality of Research?
- FDA's Strategies for Managing Patients Taking CNS Depressants and Opioids
- Opioid Prescriptions Following Common Surgeries: Optimal Durations
- Electrotherapy, Acupuncture May Decrease Pain Following Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Opioid Use Low Among Veterans With Recent Traumatic Brain Injury Diagnosis
- Predictive Ability of Intermittent Pain Diaries in Sickle Cell Disease
- Recurrent Chest Pain Linked to Depression, Anxiety
- Nasal Sumatriptan Results in Faster Migraine Pain Relief
- Pay Inequality, Contract Negotiation Top Concerns for Female Physicians