The 2015 ASRA guidelines categorize procedures depending on their risk: high risk, intermediate risk, and low risk.
Boehringer Ingelheim has initiated a clinical study to investigate the interchangeability between an adalimumab biosimilar candidate and Humira.
These findings highlight an urgent need to produce more evidence on the risks and benefits of off-label antidepressant use.
Peripheral anti-nociceptive effects of Substance P
Finding supports naloxone prescriptions for patients taking opioids for chronic pain
Pharmacogenetic testing yields information that informs how an individual will metabolize medications.
Many adults take five or more medications, often for preventable ills.
Naloxegol functions as a peripherally acting mu-opioid receptor antagonist in tissues such as the gastrointestinal tract, thereby decreasing the constipating effects of opioids.
Epilepsy drug Spritam may be one of many custom-made medicines to come that will use the technology.
For Echo, reducing the therapeutic dose is key to improving compliance and providing both patients and healthcare providers with a more cost-effective therapy.
Clinical and community-based approaches should be used to increase aspirin use among low-use groups.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Intrathecal Ziconotide Long-Term Efficacy and Safety for Severe Chronic Pain
- Sciatic Plus Femoral Nerve Blocks Effective on Total Hip Arthroplasty-Related Pain
- Psychological Factors, Not Opioid Use, Linked with Disability After Fracture Surgery
- Acupressure Not Effective as Adjunctive Therapy to Sodium Valproate for Chronic Migraine With Aura
- Morphine Lacks Efficacy for RA, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia
- Yoga Improves Health Outcomes in Veterans With Chronic Low Back Pain
- The Advice You Give Your Patients May Be Just What They Need to Hear
- Childhood Adversity Common in Patients With Fibromyalgia, Chronic Widespread Pain
- Peripheral Nerve Stimulation Effective for Chronic Pain With Postherpetic Neuralgia
- Neonatal Withdrawal Risk Higher With Opioids Plus Psychotropic Drugs