The 2015 ASRA guidelines categorize procedures depending on their risk: high risk, intermediate risk, and low risk.
The authors noted that, 'For most adverse events, all levels of corticosteroid use exhibited significant risks of increased incidence compared to intermittent use.'
Euphoria associated with the stimulant methylphenidate may be mitigated by co-administration of naltrexone in patients with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder.
Clinicians may be overprescribing gabapentinoids, in part as a response to the opioid epidemic, and prescribing them for almost any type of pain.
Boehringer Ingelheim has initiated a clinical study to investigate the interchangeability between an adalimumab biosimilar candidate and Humira.
These findings highlight an urgent need to produce more evidence on the risks and benefits of off-label antidepressant use.
Peripheral anti-nociceptive effects of Substance P
Finding supports naloxone prescriptions for patients taking opioids for chronic pain
Pharmacogenetic testing yields information that informs how an individual will metabolize medications.
Many adults take five or more medications, often for preventable ills.
Naloxegol functions as a peripherally acting mu-opioid receptor antagonist in tissues such as the gastrointestinal tract, thereby decreasing the constipating effects of opioids.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Opioid Use Disorders: Advances in Pharmacotherapy Provide Long-term Results
- Abuse-Deterrent Opioid Formulations: Barriers to Broader Use
- Women Frequently Prescribed High Doses of Opioids After Vaginal Delivery
- Notifications by PDMPs May Not Effectively Reduce Opioid Misuse
- Virtual Reality May Effectively Reduce Sensory, Affective, and Cognitive Pain During Labor
- Neuropathic Pain Medications
- Higher Buprenorphine Dose May Not Increase Severity of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Ketamine Infusions May Be Effective for Refractory Headache
- Physical, Psychosocial Activity May Be Protective Against Development of Chronic Pain in Older Adults
- Prioritizing Rest in Hospital Settings: Poor Sleep Increases Costs, Complications, and Mortality
- Pain Catastrophizing Decreases in Rheumatoid Arthritis After DMARD Initiation
- Addressing Commercial Incentives in the Medical Device Industry
- Cancer Patients Treated With Step III Opioids Often Have Sleep Disturbances
- Low Literacy Self-Management Program for Chronic Pain May Be Effective