Deal Coming To A Close On 'Green Whistle' Inhaler For Pain Relief
the Clinical Pain Advisor take:
Officials with Medical Developments International Limited announced they have agreed to a term sheet and will now move to contract with a pharmaceutical company having expertise in pain management products.
The agreement would enable Medical Developments to distribute Penthrox within the 28 member states of the European Union, except for the United Kingdom, Ireland, and Hungary where MDI has existing distribution agreements, and within other European countries.
The potential transaction calls for upfront and milestone payments of $54.5 million including:
- $7.0 million upon signing.
- $3.0 million upon receiving Marketing Authorisation approvals in France (expected very shortly) and Belgium (already received).
- $7.0 million upon receiving reimbursement in Germany, Italy, Spain and France.
- The remaining $37.5 million relates to sales milestones potentially earned more than the term of the deal.
Additionally, MVP will receive a gross margin on product sold to partner and royalties based on net sales.
According to materials on Medical Development International's website, this medication is indicated for the relief of pain by "self administration in conscious hemodynamically stable patients with trauma and associated pain."
It is also indicated "for the relief of pain in monitored conscious patients who require analgesia for surgical procedures such as the change of dressings."
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Deaths After Nonfatal Opioid Overdose: Causes and Risk Factors
- Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Associated With Reduced Risk for Opioid-Related Deaths
- Opioid-Free Analgesia Use for Postsurgical Pain Limited
- Clonidine May Not Improve Post-Cesarean Delivery Analgesia
- No Added Value With Liposomal Bupivacaine Following TKA With Peripheral Nerve Block
- Recommendations for Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Tolerance
- Vertebroplasty Comparable With Placebo for Acute Vertebral Compression Fractures
- Capsaicin 8% Patch May Be Effective in Neuropathic Pain
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Prior Authorization Policy May Help Reduce Long-Acting Opioid Use
- Opioid-Related Deaths Represent Significant Public Health Burden
- Addressing Confidentiality Concerns With Electronic Access to Pediatric Medical Records
- Opioid-Related Adverse Events Common After Invasive Procedures
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Migraine in Children Should Consider Atopy
- Led by AG Sessions, DOJ Declines to Defend ACA Against Federal Lawsuit