PEPTO-BISMOL LIQUID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Bismuth subsalicylate 262mg/15mL; susp; sugar-free; original- or cherry-flavor.
Procter & Gamble Pharmaceuticals
Indications for PEPTO-BISMOL LIQUID:
Take caplets with water; do not chew. 2 tabs or caplets or 30mL every 30–60 minutes if needed; max 8 doses/day.
Varicella or influenza in children and teenagers.
Coagulation disorders. Diabetes. Reye's syndrome. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates oral anticoagulants, hypoglycemics. Antagonizes uricosurics. Salicylism with aspirin. Reduces tetracycline absorption.
Darkened tongue and/or stool.
Chew tabs—12, 30, 48; To-Go chew tabs—12, 24; InstaCool (peppermint flavor) chew tabs—30; Caplets—24, 40; Liq—4oz, 8oz, 12oz, pt; Max Str—4oz, 8oz, 12oz
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Prescribed Opioids Difficulties Scale Effective for Assessing Concerns of Patients With Chronic Pain
- Predictors of Opioid Overdose in High-Risk Users
- Optimal Strategies for Opioid Weaning After Ambulatory Surgery
- Emergency Physicians Offer Recommendations for Identifying and Managing Opioid Use Disorder
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Higher PainDETECT Scores, Neuropathic Pain Preoperatively May Increase Risk for Chronic Pain Post-TKR
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Erenumab Reduces Monthly Migraine Days in Patients With Treatment-Resistant Migraine
- Government and Industry Lead the Way in Funding USPSTF Systematic Reviews
- Communication-Based Intervention Increases Goals-of-Care Discussions Between Physicians, Patients With Serious Illness