PEDIA-LAX CHEWABLE TABLETS OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Magnesium hydroxide 400mg; watermelon-flavored; contains magnesium 170mg per tab.
Fleet, C.B., Company
Indications for PEDIA-LAX CHEWABLE TABLETS:
<2yrs: not recommended. Drink 8oz of liquid with each dose. 2–5yrs: 1–3 tabs daily. 6–11yrs: 3–6 tabs daily. Both: may be given as a single dose or in divided doses. Results usually within 30 minutes to 6 hours; reevaluate if ineffective.
Renal disease. Magnesium-restricted diet. Discontinue if rectal bleeding or no bowel movement occurs.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- FDA Takes Steps to Reconcile Needs of Patients With Chronic Pain, Efforts to Curb Opioid Epidemic
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Stat Consult: Chronic Low Back Pain
- Opioid Misuse May Help Predict Alcohol Dependence Treatment Outcomes
- Neuropathic Symptoms Worsen Quality of Life, Function in Hip, Knee Osteoarthritis
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- Switching From Buprenorphine-Naltrexone to XR-Naltrexone as Effective as XR-Naltrexone
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Human Diagnosis Project Aims to Address Challenges Among Uninsured
- Healthcare Technology Affects Younger Patient Satisfaction
- FDA Announces New Drug Shortages Task Force