This is especially important given that patients with fibromyalgia have difficulty attending treatment sessions in person.
Viewing photographs can decrease pain intensity in patients with chronic pain.
Visual and auditory stimulation in the alpha-band range has analgesic effects.
Pain relief through distraction suggests that pain experience can be modified, and highlights the influence cognitive processes have on pain perception.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Trigger Point Injections, Pulsed Radiofrequency for Abdominal Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Safety, Efficacy of Lidocaine Infusion for Prolonged Neuropathic Pain
- Assessing the Efficacy of Low-Dose Amitriptyline for Idiopathic Chronic Neck Pain
- CBT vs Pain Education for Chronic Pain in Low-Income Clinics
- Trigger Point Dry Needling Plus Exercise Cost-Effective for Subacromial Pain Syndrome
- Exploring the Connections Between Neuropathic Pain and Comorbid Mood Disorders
- Medical Marijuana Laws, Dispensaries May Reduce Deaths From Opioid Overdose
- Ketamine Infusion May Be Effective for the Short-Term Relief of CRPS-Associated Pain
- An Avenue for the Development of Opioid Adjuncts for Enhanced Analgesia, Reduced Abuse Potential
- Spinal Manipulative Therapy May Effectively Reduce Cervicogenic Headache Days
- Chronic Pain in Adolescents and Alexithymia
- Bedside Quantitative Sensory Testing May Reliably Assess Sensory Profiles in Neuropathic Pain
- Peripheral Neuropathy Management in the Primary Care Setting: A Guide
- The Link Between Medical Malpractice and Defensive Medicine
- Drug Copayments Often Exceed Prescription Drug Costs