Substantial evidence suggests a close connection between neuropathic pain and mood disorders.
Knee pain and functional impairments in elderly individuals are associated with the development of depressive symptoms.
Certain inflammatory disorders may increase the risk for cardiometabolic events and all-cause mortality.
A brief behavioral intervention delivered in a primary care setting was found to be effective for youth with anxiety and depression.
More than half of all opioids prescribed in the United States are for patients who have a mental health disorder.
Older adults with persistent pain showed more rapid memory decline and greater dementia probability compared with adults without persistent pain.
Rapid increases in prescription opioid dose may lead to higher rates of new-onset depression.
Insomnia carries more than double the risk of depression, according to a recent meta-analysis.
Excess weight, sleep issues more common among those with changing schedules.
Gabapentin enacarbil was associated with lower incidences of peripheral edema and weight gain than pregabalin, according to authors of a multicenter, randomized, placebo-controlled Phase 2 study.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Opioid Use in Chronic Low Back Pain: A Population Study
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- First Non-Opioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- IV Tramadol Significantly Reduces Post-Op Pain in Phase 3 Study
- Telehealth-Delivered Behavioral Therapy, Supportive Care Beneficial for Low Back Pain
- Patient-Controlled Analgesia Pumps Have Low Device-Related Error Rates
- Adding Chiropractic to Usual Care Beneficial for Low Back Pain
- Illness Perceptions Mediate Back Pain, Quality of Life in Early Axial Spondyloarthritis