Older adults with persistent pain showed more rapid memory decline and greater dementia probability compared with adults without persistent pain.
Rapid increases in prescription opioid dose may lead to higher rates of new-onset depression.
Insomnia carries more than double the risk of depression, according to a recent meta-analysis.
Excess weight, sleep issues more common among those with changing schedules.
Gabapentin enacarbil was associated with lower incidences of peripheral edema and weight gain than pregabalin, according to authors of a multicenter, randomized, placebo-controlled Phase 2 study.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Radiofrequency Denervation for Facet Joint Arthropathy-Related Low Back Pain
- Telephone-Based vs In-Person CBT for Chronic Back Pain
- Persistent Pain Linked With Greater Memory Decline & Dementia Probability
- Allodynia and Pericranial Tenderness Highly Prevalent in Pediatric Patients With Migraine
- Reasons Why the Affordable Care Act is Wrongly Blamed for Increased Premiums