Generic Name and Formulations:
Choriogonadotropin alfa (r-hCG) 250mcg/0.5mL; liq for SC inj.
EMD Serono, Inc.
Indications for OVIDREL:
Induction of final follicular maturation and early luteinization in infertile women as part of an Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) program. Ovulation induction where infertility is not due to ovarian failure.
250mg SC one day after last dose of follicle-stimulating agent, if adequate follicular development is evident, and only if there is no evidence of excessive ovarian response (e.g., significant ovarian enlargement, excessive estradiol production, multiple follicular development seen on ultrasound).
Ovarian enlargement and excessive follicular recruitment while undergoing menotropin therapy. Primary ovarian failure. Uncontrolled thyroid or adrenal dysfunction. Uncontrolled intracranial lesion (eg, pituitary tumor). Abnormal genital bleeding. Ovarian cyst or enlargement. Sex hormone-dependent tumors of reproductive system. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Do complete gynecological and endocrinological exam first. Cardiac or renal disease. Epilepsy. Migraine. Asthma. Nursing mothers.
Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (discontinue if occurs) or enlargement, ascites, pleural effusion, ovarian cyst rupture, abdominal pain, multiple births, arterial thromboembolism, headache, irritability, restlessness, depression, fatigue, edema, local reactions.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Prescribed Opioids Difficulties Scale Effective for Assessing Concerns of Patients With Chronic Pain
- Predictors of Opioid Overdose in High-Risk Users
- Optimal Strategies for Opioid Weaning After Ambulatory Surgery
- Emergency Physicians Offer Recommendations for Identifying and Managing Opioid Use Disorder
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Higher PainDETECT Scores, Neuropathic Pain Preoperatively May Increase Risk for Chronic Pain Post-TKR
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Erenumab Reduces Monthly Migraine Days in Patients With Treatment-Resistant Migraine
- Government and Industry Lead the Way in Funding USPSTF Systematic Reviews
- Communication-Based Intervention Increases Goals-of-Care Discussions Between Physicians, Patients With Serious Illness