Orphenadrine 25mg/Aspirin 385mg/Caffeine 30mg Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Orphenadrine citrate 25mg, aspirin 385mg, caffeine 30mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Orphenadrine 25mg/Aspirin 385mg/Caffeine 30mg:
Painful musculoskeletal conditions.
1–2 tabs 3–4 times daily.
NSAID allergy. Varicella or influenza in teenagers. Glaucoma. Achalasia. GU or GI obstruction. Myasthenia gravis.
Coronary disease, insufficiency or tachycardia. History of bronchospasm. Peptic ulcer. Coagulation disorders. Monitor blood pressure, BUN, uric acid levels. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Increased risk of GI bleed/ulcer with alcohol, aspirin, NSAIDs, corticosteroids, anticoagulants. Potentiates oral hypoglycemics, anticholinergics, protein-bound drugs (eg, warfarin). Antagonizes steroids, barbiturates, phenylbutazone, uricosurics. Tremor and mental confusion with propoxyphene.
Anticholinergic + salicylate.
Tachycardia, transient dizziness or syncope, GI upset/bleed, anticholinergic effects (eg, dry mouth, blurred vision, increased intraocular pressure, urinary retention), weakness, headache, rash, blood dyscrasias.
Formerly known under the brand names Norgesic (25/385/30); Norgesic Forte (50/770/60).
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Deaths After Nonfatal Opioid Overdose: Causes and Risk Factors
- Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Associated With Reduced Risk for Opioid-Related Deaths
- Opioid-Free Analgesia Use for Postsurgical Pain Limited
- Clonidine May Not Improve Post-Cesarean Delivery Analgesia
- No Added Value With Liposomal Bupivacaine Following TKA With Peripheral Nerve Block
- Recommendations for Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Tolerance
- Vertebroplasty Comparable With Placebo for Acute Vertebral Compression Fractures
- Capsaicin 8% Patch May Be Effective in Neuropathic Pain
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Prior Authorization Policy May Help Reduce Long-Acting Opioid Use
- Opioid-Related Deaths Represent Significant Public Health Burden
- Addressing Confidentiality Concerns With Electronic Access to Pediatric Medical Records
- Opioid-Related Adverse Events Common After Invasive Procedures
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Migraine in Children Should Consider Atopy
- Led by AG Sessions, DOJ Declines to Defend ACA Against Federal Lawsuit