OPTIRAY 300 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ioversol 636mg/mL; soln for intra-arterial or intravenous inj; contains organically bound iodine 300mg per mL.
Indications for OPTIRAY 300:
Cerebral and peripheral arteriography. Computed tomography (CT) imaging of the head and body, venography, and intravenous (IV) excretory urography.
Individualize. Cerebral arteriography (carotid or vertebral arteries): 2–12mL; (aortic arch inj [four vessel study]): 20–50mL; both: may repeat as necessary; max 200mL. Peripheral arteriography (aortic-iliac runoff): 60mL (range 20–90mL); (common iliac, femoral): 40mL (range 10–50mL); (subclavian, brachial): 20mL (range 15–30mL); all: max 250mL. Venography: 50–100mL per extremity; max 250mL. CT (head): 50–150mL by infusion; (body): may give as 25–75mL bolus inj or 50–150mL by infusion, or combination of both. IV urography (usual dose): 50–75mL; (high dose): 1.6mL/kg; max 150mL.
Not for intrathecal use.
Not for intrathecal use; may cause death, convulsions, cerebral hemorrhage, coma, paralysis, arachnoiditis, acute renal failure, cardiac arrest, seizures, rhabdomyolysis, hyperthermia, and brain edema. History of previous reactions to a contrast agent and known allergies (eg, bronchial asthma, drug, or food) and other hypersensitivities; monitor. Should be administered by professional trained in use of radiopaque agents in appropriate facilities with emergency treatment readily available. Monitor for severe cardiovascular reactions. Risk of serious thromboembolic events (eg, MI, stroke) during angiographic procedures. Avoid angiography with homocystinuria. CHF. Dehydration. Diabetes. Advanced vascular disease. Multiple myeloma or other paraproteinemia. Hyperthyroidism. Autonomous thyroid nodule. Pheochromocytoma or catecholamine-secreting paraganglioma: monitor closely. Homozygous sickle cell disease. History of severe cutaneous adverse reactions (SCAR); avoid. Hepatic or renal impairment. Use lowest effective dose. Maintain adequate hydration. Avoid extravasation. Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: consider interrupting, pumping, and discarding breast milk for 8hrs after Optiray.
Radiopaque contrast agent.
Increased risk of metformin-induced lactic acidosis; discontinue metformin at the time of, or prior to, Optiray in high risk patients (see full labeling). May antagonize radioactive iodine for thyroid carcinoma for up to 6–8wks. Defer in patients with hepatic impairment who recently received oral cholecystographic contrast agents. Caution with concomitant diuretics, nephrotoxic agents. Avoid laxatives, diuretics prior to administration. Protein-bound iodine or radioactive iodine uptake study results may not accurately reflect thyroid function for up to 16 days.
Nausea; hypersensitivity reactions, acute kidney injury, cardiovascular reactions, SCAR (eg, SJS/TEN, DRESS). Also in children: fever.
OPTIRAY 240: Bottles (50mL)—25, 100mL, 200mL—12, Syringes (125mL)—20; OPTIRAY 300: Bottles (50mL)—25, 100mL, 150mL, 200mL—12, Syringes (50mL, 100mL)—20, RFID-Tagged syringes (100mL)—20; OPTIRAY 320: Vials (20mL, 30mL)—25, Bottles (50mL)—25, 100mL, 150mL, 200mL—12, Syringes (50mL, 75mL, 100mL, 125mL)—20, RFID-Tagged syringes (75mL, 100mL, 125mL)—20; OPTIRAY 350: Bottles (50mL)—25, 100mL, 150mL, 200mL—12, Syringes (50mL, 75mL, 100mL, 125mL)—20, RFID-Tagged syringes (50mL, 100mL, 125mL)—20
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Tools to Address the Opioid Crisis
- Methamphetamine Use on the Rise in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Operant Learning May Provide More Benefits Than Energy Conservation in Fibromyalgia
- Half of the Responders to Our Poll Agree With the Approval of Dsuvia: We Want to Hear From You
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- FDA Panel Votes in Favor of Abuse-Deterrent Oxycodone Reformulation
- FDA Proposes New Restrictions on Sale of Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems
- Central Sensitization in Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome
- Pain Acceptance May Reduce Headache-Related Disability in Migraine
- FDA Issues Safety Alert Regarding Intrathecal Delivery of Pain Meds