Generic Name and Formulations:
Gadoversetamide 330.9mg/mL; soln for IV inj; preservative-free.
Indications for OPTIMARK:
For use with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in patients with abnormal blood brain barrier or abnormal vascularity of the brain, spine and associated tissues. For use with MRI to provide contrast enhancement and facilitate visualization of lesions with abnormal vascularity in the liver in patients who are highly suspect for liver structural abnormalities on computed tomography.
Give as bolus peripheral IV injection at a dose of 0.2mL/kg at a rate of 1–2mL/sec.
Chronic, severe renal disease (GFR <30mL/min/1.73m2) or acute renal injury.
Increase risk for nephrogenic systemic fibrosis in patients with impaired elimination of gadolinium-based contrast agents. Screen for acute kidney injury and other conditions that reduce renal function. Use lowest possible dose. Do not exceed recommended dose; allow sufficient period of time for elimination prior to re-administration. Sickle cell anemia and other hemoglobinopathies. Hemolytic anemias. History of asthma, allergy or other respiratory disorders. Anaphylactoid reactions possible; have emergency resuscitative equipment available. Monitor for hypersensitivity during and for several hours after injection; discontinue if occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended; discard breast milk up to 72hrs after injection.
Interference in serum iron, copper, zinc, and calcium measurements.
Gadolinium-based contrast agent.
Headache, vasodilation, taste perversion, dizziness, nausea, paresthesia; anaphylaxis (may be fatal).
Vials (5mL, 10mL, 15mL, 20mL)—10; Syringes (10mL, 15mL, 20mL, 30mL)—10
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Brain Plasticity in Patients With Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Perturbation-Based Rehabilitation Effective for Chronic Low Back Pain
- IBS-Associated Chronic Pain: Formulation of Core Diagnostic Criteria
- Fluoroscopically Guided Sacroiliac Interventions: Appropriate Use Criteria
- Cannabis Use Associated With Relationship Between Pain and Negative Affect
- Cannabis Use Associated With Aberrant Drug Behaviors
- Walgreens to Carry Naloxone in All Pharmacies to Combat Drug Abuse
- Independent Pharmacies Expanding Services Available to Patients
- Ketamine Exhibits Effective Pain Relief for Refractory Headaches
- Pain In Elite Athletes: IOC Recommendations on Contributing Factors and Treatment Approach
- Naproxen Plus Muscle Relaxants vs Naproxen Monotherapy for Low Back Pain
- Pain Processing: Examining the Role of Oxytocin
- Short- vs Long-Acting Opioids for Osteoarthritis Pain
- Extended-Release Naltrexone Injections Reduce Opioid Dependence
- Depressive Symptoms in Medical Interns Increased With Work-Family Conflicts