NKTR-181 is a long-acting selective full mu-opioid agonist.
Both gabapentin and opioids are commonly prescribed for the treatment of pain, making the likelihood of these two agents being prescribed together high.
Caffeine is associated with lower pain catastrophizing, greater physical function, and lower pain interference in patients taking opioids to manage fibromyalgia pain.
Opioid treatment of acute postoperative pain was shown to cause high rates of postoperative nausea and vomiting, particularly in women and younger patients.
Errors are common in opioid medication prescriptions, and most often happen in handwritten prescriptions.
The low dose of the microdose method reduces the formation of catheter tip granuloma.
A ketamine regimen is superior to methadone, or ketamine combined with methadone, in alleviating neuropathic pain and associated sensory changes.
Concurrent benzodiazepine and opioid use increased by 80% between 2001 and 2013 in the United States and significantly contributes to the overall population risk of opioid overdose.
Practices pertaining to the use of methadone to facilitate opioid weaning in pediatric patients are widely heterogeneous.
Chronic pain patients being treated with certain opioid and non-opioid medications had significantly lower serum concentrations of free testosterone and free estradiol.
Multiple psychosocial factors such as depression, anxiety, and pain catastrophizing are associated with opioid analgesic response.
A small fraction of prescriptions for Medicare patients are for opioid agonist therapy, despite higher rates of abuse.
Common brain regions activated during meditation and pain
Buprenorphine implants could help improve relapse prevention in patients who are currently maintaining abstinence with sublingual buprenorphine
Weakness and Fatigue in Cancer Patients Managing Pain With Opioids May Partly Be Caused by Endocrine DysfunctionJune 27, 2016
Gonadal function Significantly Affected
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Deaths After Nonfatal Opioid Overdose: Causes and Risk Factors
- Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Associated With Reduced Risk for Opioid-Related Deaths
- Opioid-Free Analgesia Use for Postsurgical Pain Limited
- Clonidine May Not Improve Post-Cesarean Delivery Analgesia
- No Added Value With Liposomal Bupivacaine Following TKA With Peripheral Nerve Block
- Recommendations for Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Tolerance
- Vertebroplasty Comparable With Placebo for Acute Vertebral Compression Fractures
- Capsaicin 8% Patch May Be Effective in Neuropathic Pain
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Prior Authorization Policy May Help Reduce Long-Acting Opioid Use
- Opioid-Related Deaths Represent Significant Public Health Burden
- Addressing Confidentiality Concerns With Electronic Access to Pediatric Medical Records
- Opioid-Related Adverse Events Common After Invasive Procedures
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Migraine in Children Should Consider Atopy
- Led by AG Sessions, DOJ Declines to Defend ACA Against Federal Lawsuit