Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 500mg, doxylamine succinate 6.25mg, dextromethorphan HBr 15mg, pseudoephedrine HCl 30mg; per 15mL; liq; contains sodium 18mg/15mL.
Procter & Gamble Pharmaceuticals
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure
- Galcanezumab Effective at Decreasing Monthly Headache Days in Migraine
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation Reduces Pain, Fatigue in Fibromyalgia
Indications for NYQUIL-D:
Nasal congestion, rhinorrhea, sore throat, cough, fever, headache, minor aches and pains.
30mL every 6 hours; max 4 doses/24 hours.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen products.
Hepatic dysfunction. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. GI or GU obstruction. Glaucoma. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Analgesic + antihistamine + antitussive + sympathomimetic.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased risk of hepatotoxicity with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day; avoid. β-blockers increase pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antagonizes antihypertensives. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, nervousness, dizziness, insomnia, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children, hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Operant Learning May Provide More Benefits Than Energy Conservation in Fibromyalgia
- Predicting the Magnitude of Placebo Analgesia in Chronic Pain
- Methamphetamine Use on the Rise in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Examining the Efficacy of Different Oxygen Flow Rates for Cluster Headache Attacks
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Half of the Responders to Our Poll Agree With the Approval of Dsuvia: We Want to Hear From You
- Daily Alcohol Use May Drive Chronic Pain in Adults With HIV
- Tools to Address the Opioid Crisis
- AHA/ACC Release Updated Guidelines for Cholesterol Management
- Women Fed Soy Formula as Infants More Likely to Experience Menstrual Pain