Better CVD Guidelines Urged for Patients with RA
the Clinical Pain Advisor take:
An analysis of hundreds of abstracts relating to rheumatoid arthritis yielded only a handful of guidelines and quality measures for preventing and managing cardiovascular disease (CVD) in patients with rheumatoid arthritis, according to a study published online recently.
Researchers from the University of Calgary and Arthritis Research Centre of Canada combed through four electronic medical databases and found more than 16,000 abstracts relating to their keyword search of these databases - which centered around key terms like RA, and CVD.
Unfortunately, the researchers noted, they did not find much in terms of guidance and risk management for these two conditions - which are often found together.
The researchers did not a number of "common themes" in the abstracts, specifically, "the increased CV risk faced by RA patients and the need to address modifiable risk factors on a regular basis."
Better CVD Guidelines are being urged for RA patients.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Prescribed Opioids Difficulties Scale Effective for Assessing Concerns of Patients With Chronic Pain
- Predictors of Opioid Overdose in High-Risk Users
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Methadone Improves Short-Term Outcomes Better Than Morphine in Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Hospital-Owned Practices Associated With Positive Workplace Perceptions Among Staff
- Optimal Strategies for Opioid Weaning After Ambulatory Surgery
- Chinese Traditional Medicine Showed Effectiveness on Pain, Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer