New Drug Application
The FDA has accepted a New Drug Application for an investigational topical twice-a-day product for the treatment of inflammation and pain in patients who have undergone ocular surgery.
US WorldMeds announced that the Food and Drug Administration has accepted for Priority Review the New Drug Application for lofexidine to manage the symptoms associated with opioid withdrawal and to facilitate completion of opioid discontinuation treatment.
Eli Lily announced positive results from a Phase 3 trial of their first-in-class drug lasmiditan for the acute treatment of migraine.
The FDA has announced a new policy to expedite reviews of generic drug applications in cases where competition is limited.
The Food and Drug Administration has accepted for review the New Drug Application for Zilretta for the treatment of patients with osteoarthritis of the knee.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Sustained-Release Sodium Nitrite for Diabetic Neuropathic Pain Not Associated With Headaches
- Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Associated With Reduced Risk for Opioid-Related Deaths
- Clonidine May Not Improve Post-Cesarean Delivery Analgesia
- No Added Value With Liposomal Bupivacaine Following TKA With Peripheral Nerve Block
- Wearable Device Cleared for Use During Opioid Detoxification
- Recommendations for Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Tolerance
- Vertebroplasty Comparable With Placebo for Acute Vertebral Compression Fractures
- Capsaicin 8% Patch May Be Effective in Neuropathic Pain
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Prior Authorization Policy May Help Reduce Long-Acting Opioid Use
- Opioid-Related Deaths Represent Significant Public Health Burden
- Addressing Confidentiality Concerns With Electronic Access to Pediatric Medical Records
- Opioid-Related Adverse Events Common After Invasive Procedures
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Migraine in Children Should Consider Atopy
- Led by AG Sessions, DOJ Declines to Defend ACA Against Federal Lawsuit