Generic Name and Formulations:
Micafungin sodium 50mg/vial, 100mg/vial; pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution; preservative-free.
Astellas Pharma US, Inc.
Indications for MYCAMINE:
Treatment of Candidemia, acute disseminated candidiasis, Candida peritonitis and abscesses; and esophageal candidiasis. Prophylaxis of Candida infection in patients undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT).
Give by slow IV infusion over 1 hour. Candidemia, acute disseminated, peritonitis, abscesses: 100mg/day (usual range 10–47 days). Esophageal: 150mg/day (usual range 10–30 days). Prophylaxis in HSCT: 50mg/day (usual range 6–51 days).
<4months: not established. Give by slow IV infusion over 1 hour. ≥4months: Candidemia, acute disseminated, peritonitis, abscesses: 2mg/kg once daily; max 100mg/day. Esophageal: (≤30kg): 3mg/kg once daily; (>30kg): 2.5mg/kg once daily. Max: 150mg/day. Prophylaxis in HSCT: 1mg/kg once daily; max 50mg/day.
Hepatic impairment. Renal dysfunction. Monitor for evidence of worsening hepatic or renal function. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Glucan synthesis inhibitor (echinocandin).
Potentiates sirolimus, itraconazole, nifedipine; monitor and reduce doses.
Inj site reactions, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, pyrexia, thrombocytopenia, headache, rash, pruritus, facial swelling, vasodilatation, phlebitis, increased alkaline phosphatase; hematological effects, abnormal liver function tests (eg, ALT/AST), acute renal failure, anaphylaxis.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- Striking a Balance Between Opioid Surveillance and Patient Privacy
- Demographic Characteristics of Pregnant Women With Opioid Use Disorder
- Effects of Mindfulness Therapy, Pharmacologic Prophylaxis on Catecholamine Levels in Migraine
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Seven-Item Pain Intensity Measure Reliable in Individuals With Dementia
- Managing Comorbid Opioid and Alcohol Use Disorder
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Reviewing the Efficacy of Invasive Procedures for Chronic Back, Knee Pain
- What Do Clinicians Do in Response to Aberrant Urine Drug Test Results?
- Photo Elicitation on Social Media Can Provide Perspective to Patients With Chronic Pain
- Patients Assume Postoperative Opioids Are Best for Pain Relief
- Educational Disabilities More Likely With Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- When Will Medicine Join the Women's Movement?