Ketoprofen was found to be effective in relieving moderate to severe pain in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
NKTR-181 was found to be safe and effective in patients with low back pain.
Muscle spasm treatment chart with dosing regimens for muscle relaxants and other medications.
Dosing regimens of DMARDS and other immune modulators used in the treatment of arthritis.
A relationship may be present between serum vitamin D levels and chronic tension-type headaches.
Viewing photographs can decrease pain intensity in patients with chronic pain.
Osteoporosis treatment and prevention doses including recommended calcium and vitamin D supplemental doses.
Opioids prescribed for pain following a motor vehicle collision do not reduce the likelihood of developing persistent pain.
This low rate of use in rheumatology patients is in stark contrast to the high rates of severe arthritis frequently reported by medicinal marijuana users.
"Clinicians should not ignore migraine when treating MS/P in patients with MDD."
The use of any complementary health approach for any reasons was significantly higher for those with vs those without a musculoskeletal pain disorder (41.6 vs 24.1%).
MBDA scores combined with ACPA testing allowed researchers to predict RA relapse in more than 80% of patients.
Preliminary results suggest that this transdermal analgesic is efficacious in reducing opioid use and pain scores in patients experiencing chronic neuropathy and musculoskeletal pain.
Erelzi, a biosimilar for Enbrel, treats rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory diseases.
In states where marijuana is legalized for medicinal purposes, Medicare's prescription drug benefit program has lowered its spending due to reduced prescription drug use.
Despite lack of FDA approval, PRP therapy is gaining unproven acceptance as treatment for sports-related injuries.
Virus expected to become active in some parts of the southern United States in early summer.
Findings suggest one person carried the virus to the region in 2013.
Supplements didn't slow disease progression or ease pain, even in patients with low levels of vitamin D.
A team of researchers from Switzerland studied the efficacy of different formulations and doses of NSAIDs on osteoarthritis pain by conducting a network meta-analysis.
A combination of the anticonvulsant pregabalin and the antidepressant duloxetine may help improve pain relief, physical function, and overall quality of life in patients with fibromyalgia (FM).
The pregnant patient with rheumatoid arthritis may need to have pain medication changed due to potential effects on the fetus.
Serotonin shows it plays a fundamental role in RA through regulation of the Th17/T-regulatory cell balance.
Combining partial vascular occlusion (PVO) with low to moderate-intensity resistance exercise training may be a way for patients with knee OA to participate in quadriceps strengthening.
Manual technique provides long-lasting pain relief and improves muscle function.
Case described in elderly cruise ship patient.
No significant difference in subjective or objective outcomes for single-, double-bundle techniques.
A new study suggests that if patients scheduled for knee replacement surgery were directed to hospitals classified as high-volume for the procedure, the US healthcare system could benefit financially for the next 15 years.
Are we overestimating the efficacy of step III analgesics?
Most patients diagnosed with Guillain-Barr during Zika outbreak have Zika virus IgM
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Vibrating Gloves Significantly Reduce Osteoarthritis-Related Hand Pain
- Virtual Reality for Pain Relief: Understanding the Underlying Mechanisms
- Neuroimaging for Chronic Pain: IASP Consensus Statement
- Neuroinflammation in Neuropathic Pain Indicated by Elevated Levels of Proinflammatory Chemokines in CSF
- Opioid Prescriptions Following Common Surgeries: Optimal Durations
- Liposomal Bupivacaine Effective for Shoulder Arthroplasty-Related Pain
- Reducing the P-Value for Statistical Significance to Improve the Quality of Research?
- FDA's Strategies for Managing Patients Taking CNS Depressants and Opioids
- Electrotherapy, Acupuncture May Decrease Pain Following Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Low-Dose Oromucosal Ibuprofen Effective for Relieving Sore Throat
- Survey Finds Teens Divided on Beliefs and Attitudes of Prescription Drug Abuse
- HIV-Positive Patients Experience Frequent Headaches
- Low-Dose Perineural Dexamethasone Prolongs Effects of Brachial Plexus Nerve Block
- Business Savvy Tips for Buying a Practice
- Diphenhydramine Decreases Pain During Colonoscopy for Chronic Opioid Users