Generic Name and Formulations:
Sodium hyaluronate 22mg/mL; viscoelastic soln for intra-articular inj.
Indications for MONOVISC:
Treatment of pain in osteoarthritis of the knee in patients who have failed to respond adequately to conservative nonpharmacologic therapy or simple analgesics (eg, acetaminophen).
Remove synovial fluid or effusion before inj. Give as a single intra-articular inj. 4mL in one knee only. If bilateral treatment: use one syringe in each knee.
≤21yrs: not established.
Gram (+) bacterial protein allergy. Infections or skin diseases in area of inj site/joint. Systemic bleeding disorders.
Avoid strenuous or prolonged weight-bearing activities within 48hrs following inj. Pregnancy, nursing mothers: not established.
Avoid use of disinfectants containing quaternary ammonium salts; hyaluronan can precipitate in their presence.
Arthralgia, joint swelling, inj site pain.
Single-use syringe (4mL)—1
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Deaths After Nonfatal Opioid Overdose: Causes and Risk Factors
- Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Associated With Reduced Risk for Opioid-Related Deaths
- Opioid-Free Analgesia Use for Postsurgical Pain Limited
- Clonidine May Not Improve Post-Cesarean Delivery Analgesia
- No Added Value With Liposomal Bupivacaine Following TKA With Peripheral Nerve Block
- Recommendations for Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Tolerance
- Vertebroplasty Comparable With Placebo for Acute Vertebral Compression Fractures
- Capsaicin 8% Patch May Be Effective in Neuropathic Pain
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Prior Authorization Policy May Help Reduce Long-Acting Opioid Use
- Opioid-Related Deaths Represent Significant Public Health Burden
- Addressing Confidentiality Concerns With Electronic Access to Pediatric Medical Records
- Opioid-Related Adverse Events Common After Invasive Procedures
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Migraine in Children Should Consider Atopy
- Led by AG Sessions, DOJ Declines to Defend ACA Against Federal Lawsuit