Generic Name and Formulations:
Isosorbide mononitrate 10mg, 20mg; scored tabs.
Kremers Urban Pharmaceuticals
Indications for MONOKET:
Prophylaxis and treatment of angina. Not for acute attacks.
20mg upon awakening then 20mg 7 hrs later. Small patients: may start with 5mg per dose for 1 day, then increase to 10mg by 2nd or 3rd day (scheduled as above).
Concomitant PDE-5 inhibitors (eg, sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil), riociguat.
Acute MI. CHF. Hypotension. Volume depletion. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Monitor for tolerance. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Severe hypotension, syncope, or myocardial ischemia with PDE-5 inhibitors; or hypotension with riociguat. Orthostatic hypotension with alcohol, other vasodilators, calcium channel blockers.
Headache, dizziness, orthostatic hypotension, GI upset, upper respiratory infection.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- Striking a Balance Between Opioid Surveillance and Patient Privacy
- Demographic Characteristics of Pregnant Women With Opioid Use Disorder
- Effects of Mindfulness Therapy, Pharmacologic Prophylaxis on Catecholamine Levels in Migraine
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Seven-Item Pain Intensity Measure Reliable in Individuals With Dementia
- Managing Comorbid Opioid and Alcohol Use Disorder
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Reviewing the Efficacy of Invasive Procedures for Chronic Back, Knee Pain
- What Do Clinicians Do in Response to Aberrant Urine Drug Test Results?
- Photo Elicitation on Social Media Can Provide Perspective to Patients With Chronic Pain
- Patients Assume Postoperative Opioids Are Best for Pain Relief
- Educational Disabilities More Likely With Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- When Will Medicine Join the Women's Movement?