Generic Name and Formulations:
Polyethylene glycol (PEG) 3350; pwd for solution.
Indications for MIRALAX:
≥17yrs: Dissolve 17g in 4–8oz liquid and drink once daily for up to 7 days. May need 1–3 days for results.
<17yrs: not recommended.
Bowel obstruction (known or suspected).
Renal impairment: not recommended. Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain or IBS: exclude bowel obstruction. Avoid prolonged, frequent, or excessive use. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Loose, watery, frequent stools.
Powder—119g, 238g, 510g (w. measuring cap); Single-dose packets (17g)—10
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Deaths After Nonfatal Opioid Overdose: Causes and Risk Factors
- Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Associated With Reduced Risk for Opioid-Related Deaths
- Opioid-Free Analgesia Use for Postsurgical Pain Limited
- Clonidine May Not Improve Post-Cesarean Delivery Analgesia
- No Added Value With Liposomal Bupivacaine Following TKA With Peripheral Nerve Block
- Recommendations for Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Tolerance
- Vertebroplasty Comparable With Placebo for Acute Vertebral Compression Fractures
- Capsaicin 8% Patch May Be Effective in Neuropathic Pain
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Prior Authorization Policy May Help Reduce Long-Acting Opioid Use
- Opioid-Related Deaths Represent Significant Public Health Burden
- Addressing Confidentiality Concerns With Electronic Access to Pediatric Medical Records
- Opioid-Related Adverse Events Common After Invasive Procedures
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Migraine in Children Should Consider Atopy
- Led by AG Sessions, DOJ Declines to Defend ACA Against Federal Lawsuit