The authors built a customized structured clinical documentation support toolkit that collects hundreds of fields of discrete, standardized data.
Investigators identify subgroups of individuals with migraine based on comorbidities and concomitant condition.
Investigators aim to develop a non-invasive treatment for medically refractory chronic migraine not requiring a permanent implant.
Many headache smartphone applications or "apps" share information with third parties, more than half of which have privacy policies stating that the shared data will be used to serve targeted advertisements from third parties.
Investigators examine most bothersome headache-associated symptoms as a feasible alternative to using 4 c-primary end points in acute migraine treatment trials.
Researchers sought to assess the prevalence of concomitant prescribing of opioid analgesics with a triptan or a serotogeneric antidepressant in individuals with migraine.
The Sapphire has a rechargeable and reloadable fill capacity; it can be activated monthly by inputting a unique, prescription-only authorization code, delivered via a radio-frequency identification card that is mailed to the patient.
Investigators examined rates, predictors, and outcomes of neuroimaging in pediatric and adolescent patients who presented to the ED with a headache.
Patients with migraine headaches—particularly those accompanied by aura—may be at significantly increased risk for 30-day hospital readmission because of pain after surgery.
Investigators assessed the effect of erenumab on total exercise time, time to exercise-induced angina, and ST depression in patients with stable angina.
No significant clinical differences have been found between individuals with cluster headache who experience aura vs no aura.
People with migraines and comorbid mood disorders often need treatments that address both conditions, as well as management of sleep, stress, and lifestyle issues.
Investigators examined the effect of onabotulinumtoxinA on aura frequency and severity in patients with hemiplegic migraine.
The location of migraine pain may not be associated with psychiatric distress, emergency department visits, or healthcare use.
Investigators examined the efficacy of oral steroids and greater occipital nerve injections as transitional therapies for cluster headache management.
Carefully assessing cognitive performance using a screening test to detect visuospatial/executive, attention, and memory dysfunction in patients with migraine.
Known risk factors for medication overuse headache include smoking, anxiety, family history of substance abuse, migraine history, depression, and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Two-thirds of parents report that their child has had a headache not related to a fall or head injury.
The comorbidities commonly reported in patients with migraine include those involving cardiovascular, psychiatric, pain, and respiratory conditions, the researchers reported.
This Phase III, multicenter, double-blind study sought to explore the effect of fremanezumab on the potential reversion from chronic migraine to episodic migraine.
Men with migraines were found to have increased levels of estradiol and to be more likely to have relative androgen deficiency compared with men without migraines.
Patients with difficult-to-treat migraine were randomly assigned 1:1 to either 140 mg erenumab or placebo.
Acute confusional migraine has not been specifically studied and many clinicians remain unaware of the condition, which may result in underestimation of the prevalence.
Approximately half of patients who were referred for behavioral treatment for migraine were found to initiate treatment.
A phase 3 study examined a low-dose subcutaneous autoinjection of sumatriptan in the acute treatment of migraines with or without aura in adults.
Dr Richard Lipton and Dr Paul Martin debated the pros and cons of trigger avoidance in patients with migraine headache at the 2018 American Headache Society Annual Scientific Meeting in San Francisco, California.
The risk for cochlear disorders — particularly tinnitus — may be higher in individuals with a history of migraine.
Current oral contraceptive products contain lower doses of estrogen than those used in the past, prompting reconsideration of risks and benefits.
The 2 randomized, phase 3, double-blind studies included in this presentation were the SAMURAI and SPARTAN trials.
Individuals with chronic migraine may present with age-related changes in cortical thickness.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Predicting the Magnitude of Placebo Analgesia in Chronic Pain
- Operant Learning May Provide More Benefits Than Energy Conservation in Fibromyalgia
- Methamphetamine Use on the Rise in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Tools to Address the Opioid Crisis
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Nonsinogenic Headache vs Chronic Rhinosinusitis Differential Diagnosis Based on SNOT-22 Patterns
- Patterns of Non-Medical Prescription Opioid Use in Adolescents
- Factors Promoting Participation in Self-Management Training Program for Chronic Pain
- Gendered Perceptions of Socially Acceptable Pain Relief Strategies
- Majority of Internists Still Have Financial Ties to Industry