Symptoms associated with central sensitization are common in children and adolescents with migraine.
The understanding of the mechanisms of allodynia is essential for the treatment of migraine.
The NINDS welcomes more migraine research grants.
Attachment insecurity may amplify anxiety in children and adolescents with migraine without aura.
Transcutaneous supraorbital neurostimulation provides an effective prophylactic treatment for patients with chronic migraine.
Mechanisms involved in balancing reproductive hormones in girls may influence the patterns of migraine headache onset.
The FDA has approved the use of gammaCore, the first handheld, non-invasive device to treat pain associated with episodic cluster headaches in adults.
Dr Pamela Rist discusses her research in women with migraine and hypertension at the 2017 American Academy of Neurology Annual Meeting in Boston, MA. Scroll to below the video for a full text transcript of Dr Rist's interview.
Fetal growth restriction is associated with an elevated risk of migraine in adult men, but not women.
In a phase 3 trial, treatment with erenumab reduced migraine frequency, monthly migraine days, and migraine medication use in patients with episodic migraine.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Radiofrequency Denervation for Facet Joint Arthropathy-Related Low Back Pain
- Telephone-Based vs In-Person CBT for Chronic Back Pain
- Persistent Pain Linked With Greater Memory Decline & Dementia Probability
- Allodynia and Pericranial Tenderness Highly Prevalent in Pediatric Patients With Migraine
- Reasons Why the Affordable Care Act is Wrongly Blamed for Increased Premiums