Data in children do support an association between pediatric obesity and headache disorders in general, but more research is needed to confirm the association specifically with pediatric migraine.
Investigators aim to develop a non-invasive treatment for medically refractory chronic migraine not requiring a permanent implant.
Investigators identify subgroups of individuals with migraine based on comorbidities and concomitant condition.
Many headache smartphone applications or "apps" share information with third parties, more than half of which have privacy policies stating that the shared data will be used to serve targeted advertisements from third parties.
Investigators examine most bothersome headache-associated symptoms as a feasible alternative to using 4 c-primary end points in acute migraine treatment trials.
Researchers sought to assess the prevalence of concomitant prescribing of opioid analgesics with a triptan or a serotogeneric antidepressant in individuals with migraine.
The Sapphire has a rechargeable and reloadable fill capacity; it can be activated monthly by inputting a unique, prescription-only authorization code, delivered via a radio-frequency identification card that is mailed to the patient.
Patients with migraine headaches—particularly those accompanied by aura—may be at significantly increased risk for 30-day hospital readmission because of pain after surgery.
Investigators examined rates, predictors, and outcomes of neuroimaging in pediatric and adolescent patients who presented to the ED with a headache.
Investigators assessed the effect of erenumab on total exercise time, time to exercise-induced angina, and ST depression in patients with stable angina.
No significant clinical differences have been found between individuals with cluster headache who experience aura vs no aura.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Replacing Sleep, Sedentary Behavior With Physical Activity Beneficial in Knee Osteoarthritis
- The Role of Psychological Factors in Phantom Limb Pain Reviewed
- FDA Outlines Plan for New Analgesic Guidance to Combat Opioid Crisis
- Ozone vs Corticosteroids May Provide Longer-Lasting Effects for Plantar Fasciitis
- Opioid Use Stable in Past Decade Among Commercially Insured, Medicare Beneficiaries
- Ketamine: Mechanisms of Action, Uses in Pain Medicine, and Side Effects
- Cannabis May Be Effective for Migraine Treatment
- Medicinal Cannabis May Not Have Opioid-Sparing Effects in Chronic Noncancer Pain
- Integrating Psychological Interventions Into Chronic Pain Management
- Chronic Neck Pain: Generators, Clinical Examination, MRI Findings, and Differential Diagnosis
- Pregabalin May Not Improve Analgesia During Medical Abortion
- Investigational Treatment Shows Promise in Chronic Low Back Pain
- Rheumatologist-Assessed vs Criteria for Inflammatory Back Pain in Psoriatic Arthritis
- Incorporating Guidelines Into Clinical Practice: An Interview With Gary L. LeRoy, MD
- Pain Severity May Partly Mediate the Association Between Depression and Physical Performance in Knee OA