Advancements in research have led to the identification of a growing number of genetic and neuroimaging markers of migraine.
The illustration of headache symptoms through drawings may help clinicians distinguish between pseudotumor cerebri syndrome and migraine in pediatric patients.
The researchers conducted a longitudinal Web-based study called the Chronic Migraine Epidemiology and Outcomes study with cross-sectional modules that assessed an array of migraine-related outcomes
Perfusion computed tomography offers greater accuracy in diagnosing migrainous aura and differentiating symptoms from those present in stroke in patients presenting with acute onset of neurological symptoms.
Sumavel DosePro was approved in 2009 for the acute treatment of migraine or cluster headaches as a needle-free delivery system supplied in prefilled pens, and is being discontinued.
Routine brain magnetic resonance imaging is not necessary for those with migraine who have normal neurologic function unless there is a clear clinical indication that there are underlying structural abnormalities.
Researchers analyzed patients with migraine who underwent magnetic resonance imaging and dynamic susceptibility contrast perfusion.
Researchers reviewed survey results to determine whether adolescents with chronic headache might benefit from either a 1-time comprehensive evaluation and management plan or standard care.
The presence of diabetes — both types 1 and 2 — may be associated with a reduced risk for migraine
The presence of antibodies to phosphatidylserine/prothrombin complex is associated with Raynaud phenomenon and migraine in patients with primary antiphospholipid syndrome.
Patients with tension-type headache experience benefit from acupuncture and stretching, especially in combination with pressure pain threshold physiotherapy hands-on techniques.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Non-Opioid Therapies for Pain Management in the ED
- CBT vs Pain Education for Chronic Pain in Low-Income Clinics
- Factors Predicting Pain Outcomes After TKR for Knee Osteoarthritis
- Peripherally Acting Opioid and Cannabinoid May Be Effective for Neuropathic Pain
- Lumbar Disc Herniation With Radiculopathy Treatment Using Targeted Indwelling ESI
- Exploring the Connections Between Neuropathic Pain and Comorbid Mood Disorders
- Medical Marijuana Laws, Dispensaries May Reduce Deaths From Opioid Overdose
- Ketamine Infusion May Be Effective for the Short-Term Relief of CRPS-Associated Pain
- An Avenue for the Development of Opioid Adjuncts for Enhanced Analgesia, Reduced Abuse Potential
- Peripheral Neuropathy Management in the Primary Care Setting: A Guide
- Once-Monthly Erenumab Injections May Be Effective for Episodic Migraine Prophylaxis
- The Pros and Cons of Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Testing
- Predicting Best Outcomes of Intra-Articular Hyaluronic Acid Treatment in Knee OA
- Virtual Reality as a Distraction From Pain During Medical Procedures
- Low Back Pain: Contributing Factors, Prophylactic Strategies and Effective Treatments