Acupressure is not an effective adjunctive therapy to sodium valproate for chronic migraine with aura, but can reduce treatment-associated nausea.
A retrospective study identified a set of clinical characteristics and triggers of vestibular migraine in the absence of a peripheral etiology for vertigo.
While some CAM products have shown beneficial effects for migraine treatment, previous studies have not explored reasons for using CAM and the types of CAM used.
Overall blood flow velocity remains unchanged during migraine headache, although blood flow velocity may be decreased early on in the attack.
gammaCore, a hand-held device for treating episodic cluster headaches via mild electrical stimulation of the vagus nerve is now available in the United States.
An association was established between excessive daytime sleepiness and a high frequency of headaches.
The FDA has accepted for review the Biologics License Application for Aimovig for migraine prophylaxis in patients experiencing more than 4 migraine days per month.
Cilostazol triggers migraine-like attacks in patients with migraine without aura in a reproducible manner.
Surgical deactivation of trigger sites may be efficacious for reducing occipital-triggered migraine headaches.
Ropivacaine may not be superior to injected saline for the treatment of headache in children.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Intrathecal Ziconotide Long-Term Efficacy and Safety for Severe Chronic Pain
- Sciatic Plus Femoral Nerve Blocks Effective on Total Hip Arthroplasty-Related Pain
- Psychological Factors, Not Opioid Use, Linked with Disability After Fracture Surgery
- Acupressure Not Effective as Adjunctive Therapy to Sodium Valproate for Chronic Migraine With Aura
- Morphine Lacks Efficacy for RA, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia
- Yoga Improves Health Outcomes in Veterans With Chronic Low Back Pain
- The Advice You Give Your Patients May Be Just What They Need to Hear
- Childhood Adversity Common in Patients With Fibromyalgia, Chronic Widespread Pain
- Peripheral Nerve Stimulation Effective for Chronic Pain With Postherpetic Neuralgia
- Neonatal Withdrawal Risk Higher With Opioids Plus Psychotropic Drugs