MICROGESTIN Fe 1/20 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Norethindrone acetate 1mg, ethinyl estradiol 20mcg (21 tabs); inert+ (7 tabs). +contains ferrous fumarate 75mg.
Mayne Pharma US
Indications for MICROGESTIN Fe 1/20:
28-day products: 1 tab daily for 28 days; repeat. 21-day products: 1 tab daily for 21 days, then 7 tablet-free days; repeat.
Thrombophlebitis or thromboembolic disorders. History of DVT, cerebrovascular or coronary artery disease. Known or suspected breast carcinoma, endometrial or other estrogen-dependent neoplasia. Undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding. Cholestatic jaundice of pregnancy or jaundice with prior OC use. Hepatic adenoma or carcinoma. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Increased risk of cardiovascular events esp. in cigarette smokers >35yrs of age; not recommended. Discontinue if thrombotic event, unexplained visual changes, jaundice, or headache/migraine occurs, and at least 4 weeks before through 2 weeks after surgery associated with increased risk of thromboembolism, and during and after prolonged immobilization. Cardio- or cerebrovascular diseases. Gallbladder disease. Obesity. Diabetes. Prediabetes. Hypertriglyceridemia. Depression. Conditions aggravated by fluid retention; monitor. Evaluate significant changes in headaches, irregular uterine bleeding, amenorrhea, retinal vein thrombosis. Monitor BP. Do regular complete physical exams. May need barrier contraception with Sunday starts or postpartum use (see full labeling). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antagonized by hepatic enzyme inducing drugs (eg, rifampin, griseofulvin, St. John's wort), possibly others. May affect measurement of sex hormone-binding globulin levels.
Progestin + estrogen.
Hypertension, nausea, vomiting, breakthrough bleeding, amenorrhea, transient delay of ovulation after discontinuation, edema, chloasma, mastodynia, headache, intolerance to contact lenses. Increased risk of gallbladder disease, thromboembolic disorders.
Packs (Fe 1/20, Fe 1.5/30)—3, 6; Packs (1/20, 1.5/30)—6
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Sustained-Release Sodium Nitrite for Diabetic Neuropathic Pain Not Associated With Headaches
- Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Associated With Reduced Risk for Opioid-Related Deaths
- Clonidine May Not Improve Post-Cesarean Delivery Analgesia
- Deaths After Nonfatal Opioid Overdose: Causes and Risk Factors
- No Added Value With Liposomal Bupivacaine Following TKA With Peripheral Nerve Block
- Recommendations for Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Tolerance
- Vertebroplasty Comparable With Placebo for Acute Vertebral Compression Fractures
- Capsaicin 8% Patch May Be Effective in Neuropathic Pain
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Prior Authorization Policy May Help Reduce Long-Acting Opioid Use
- Opioid-Related Deaths Represent Significant Public Health Burden
- Addressing Confidentiality Concerns With Electronic Access to Pediatric Medical Records
- Opioid-Related Adverse Events Common After Invasive Procedures
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Migraine in Children Should Consider Atopy
- Led by AG Sessions, DOJ Declines to Defend ACA Against Federal Lawsuit