Metaproterenol Sulfate Syrup Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Metaproterenol sulfate 10mg/5mL.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Metaproterenol Sulfate Syrup:
20mg 3–4 times daily.
<6yrs: not recommended. 6–9yrs (<60 lbs): 10mg 3–4 times daily. >9yrs (>60 lbs): 20mg 3–4 times daily.
Arrhythmias associated with tachycardia.
Avoid excessive use. Hypertension. Cardiovascular disease. CHF. Hyperthyroidism. Diabetes. Seizure disorders. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Avoid other aerosol β-agonists. Potentiated by sympathomimetics, tricyclics, MAOIs.
Tachycardia, nervousness, tremor, headache, dizziness, GI upset, hypertension, paradoxical bronchospasm, cough, bad taste.
Inh soln, tabs, syrup—contact supplier.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Brain Plasticity in Patients With Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Perturbation-Based Rehabilitation Effective for Chronic Low Back Pain
- Cannabis Use Associated With Relationship Between Pain and Negative Affect
- FDA Expresses Safety Concern Over Kratom
- Cannabidiol Concentrations Widely Vary in Products Sold Online
- Cannabis Use Associated With Aberrant Drug Behaviors
- Walgreens to Carry Naloxone in All Pharmacies to Combat Drug Abuse
- Independent Pharmacies Expanding Services Available to Patients
- Ketamine Exhibits Effective Pain Relief for Refractory Headaches
- Pain In Elite Athletes: IOC Recommendations on Contributing Factors and Treatment Approach
- Naproxen Plus Muscle Relaxants vs Naproxen Monotherapy for Low Back Pain
- Pain Processing: Examining the Role of Oxytocin
- Short- vs Long-Acting Opioids for Osteoarthritis Pain
- Extended-Release Naltrexone Injections Reduce Opioid Dependence
- Depressive Symptoms in Medical Interns Increased With Work-Family Conflicts