Staying in the ICU after surviving a life-threatening illness may put some patients at high risk for psychiatric symptoms.
Prevention strategy tailored to individual risk, implemented in primary care office.
But such conditions don't seem to hinder post-op weight loss.
Associations were mainly significant for 16 mental disorders, including anxiety and substance abuse.
Improved psychological functioning, moderation of negative effect of stress for middle school students.
Almost 30% of medical residents reported having depression or depressive symptoms.
Depressed people were 1.21 times more likely to be rehospitalized within 30 days for the same ailment, and 1.19 times more likely to return for a different one.
About 30% receive diabetes-specific screening; no form of glucose screening for 31.1%.
Mental disorders have been found to be predictors for the onset of chronic pain in adolescents.
Panel urges changes to an increasingly complex health care system.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Transcranial Random Noise Stimulation Effective on Multiple Fibromyalgia-Associated Symptoms
- Comparing Dry Needling, Cortisone for Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome
- Vestibular Rehabilitation an Effective Treatment for Vestibular Migraine
- Secondary Hyperalgesia Mediated by Nociceptive and Other Sensory Pathways
- Naloxone: Policies and Access