Interventions targeted at improving medication adherence might mitigate the adverse effects of cannabis use on psychosis outcomes.
Staying in the ICU after surviving a life-threatening illness may put some patients at high risk for psychiatric symptoms.
Prevention strategy tailored to individual risk, implemented in primary care office.
But such conditions don't seem to hinder post-op weight loss.
Associations were mainly significant for 16 mental disorders, including anxiety and substance abuse.
Improved psychological functioning, moderation of negative effect of stress for middle school students.
Almost 30% of medical residents reported having depression or depressive symptoms.
Depressed people were 1.21 times more likely to be rehospitalized within 30 days for the same ailment, and 1.19 times more likely to return for a different one.
About 30% receive diabetes-specific screening; no form of glucose screening for 31.1%.
Mental disorders have been found to be predictors for the onset of chronic pain in adolescents.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Intrathecal Ziconotide Long-Term Efficacy and Safety for Severe Chronic Pain
- Sciatic Plus Femoral Nerve Blocks Effective on Total Hip Arthroplasty-Related Pain
- Psychological Factors, Not Opioid Use, Linked with Disability After Fracture Surgery
- Acupressure Not Effective as Adjunctive Therapy to Sodium Valproate for Chronic Migraine With Aura
- Morphine Lacks Efficacy for RA, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia
- Yoga Improves Health Outcomes in Veterans With Chronic Low Back Pain
- The Advice You Give Your Patients May Be Just What They Need to Hear
- Childhood Adversity Common in Patients With Fibromyalgia, Chronic Widespread Pain
- Peripheral Nerve Stimulation Effective for Chronic Pain With Postherpetic Neuralgia
- Neonatal Withdrawal Risk Higher With Opioids Plus Psychotropic Drugs