Interventions targeted at improving medication adherence might mitigate the adverse effects of cannabis use on psychosis outcomes.
Staying in the ICU after surviving a life-threatening illness may put some patients at high risk for psychiatric symptoms.
Prevention strategy tailored to individual risk, implemented in primary care office.
But such conditions don't seem to hinder post-op weight loss.
Associations were mainly significant for 16 mental disorders, including anxiety and substance abuse.
Improved psychological functioning, moderation of negative effect of stress for middle school students.
Almost 30% of medical residents reported having depression or depressive symptoms.
Depressed people were 1.21 times more likely to be rehospitalized within 30 days for the same ailment, and 1.19 times more likely to return for a different one.
About 30% receive diabetes-specific screening; no form of glucose screening for 31.1%.
Mental disorders have been found to be predictors for the onset of chronic pain in adolescents.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Tools to Address the Opioid Crisis
- Methamphetamine Use on the Rise in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Operant Learning May Provide More Benefits Than Energy Conservation in Fibromyalgia
- Patterns of Non-Medical Prescription Opioid Use in Adolescents
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- FDA Panel Votes in Favor of Abuse-Deterrent Oxycodone Reformulation
- FDA Proposes New Restrictions on Sale of Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems
- Central Sensitization in Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome
- Pain Acceptance May Reduce Headache-Related Disability in Migraine
- FDA Issues Safety Alert Regarding Intrathecal Delivery of Pain Meds