As the #MeToo movement has gained strength, reports of sexual harassment at medical schools have mostly remained stagnant.
In medicine, there is often a disconnect between what is taught in the classroom and what students observe in clinical practice.
Although international medical graduates provide invaluable services to the United States, these clinicians are also often a critical resource for their home countries.
The American College of Physicians presents recommendations for optimizing clinical learning environments by fostering a positive hidden curriculum in medicine.
Depressive symptoms increase during medical internships for both men and women, but the increase is greater among women.
An intense culture of performance and achievement, coupled with ever-growing expectations is causing distress — if not mental illness — in medical students.
"The main changes needed in medical education are primarily structural with pass/fail grading and reduction in class time and amount of information being taught."
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Prescribed Opioids Difficulties Scale Effective for Assessing Concerns of Patients With Chronic Pain
- Predictors of Opioid Overdose in High-Risk Users
- Optimal Strategies for Opioid Weaning After Ambulatory Surgery
- Half of Patients Referred for Behavioral Treatment of Migraine Never Initiate Treatment
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Higher PainDETECT Scores, Neuropathic Pain Preoperatively May Increase Risk for Chronic Pain Post-TKR
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Erenumab Reduces Monthly Migraine Days in Patients With Treatment-Resistant Migraine
- Government and Industry Lead the Way in Funding USPSTF Systematic Reviews
- Communication-Based Intervention Increases Goals-of-Care Discussions Between Physicians, Patients With Serious Illness