Various strategies to reduce opioid overdose deaths have been implemented and it has been suggested that access to medical cannabis may lead to a reduction in opioid use for pain management.
Medical marijuana laws that include a "liberal" allowance of the drug to dispensaries may contribute to reducing opioid overdose-related deaths in Medicare Part-D and Medicaid beneficiaries.
The benefits associated with medical cannabis therapy may be overestimated due to inadequate blinding in clinical trials.
Medical marijuana laws may be connected to increased rates of illicit cannabis use and cannabis use disorder, leading some users to experience negative consequences, such as motor vehicle accidents.
Medical marijuana, as a botanical and a scheduled drug does not fit the FDA paradigm for drug approval, a major impediment to its use in research.
Cannabis use disorder is also rising faster in states with legalization laws
Pot-related poison control calls and hospital discharges spike with wider availability.
Every day the staff at Clinical Pain Advisor browses the Web for stories on chronic pain, acute pain, low back pain, diabetic neuropathy, fibromyalgia and other painful health conditions that readers might have missed the day before and lists some of their favorite articles in a daily column to provide clinicians with a resource they can check first thing in the morning.
Some parents are now demanding that politicians and state legislators legalize the use of marijuana for treating epileptic children.
For Echo, reducing the therapeutic dose is key to improving compliance and providing both patients and healthcare providers with a more cost-effective therapy.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Safety, Efficacy of Lidocaine Infusion for Prolonged Neuropathic Pain
- Assessing the Efficacy of Low-Dose Amitriptyline for Idiopathic Chronic Neck Pain
- CBT vs Pain Education for Chronic Pain in Low-Income Clinics
- Non-Opioid Therapies for Pain Management in the ED
- Trigger Point Dry Needling Plus Exercise Cost-Effective for Subacromial Pain Syndrome
- Exploring the Connections Between Neuropathic Pain and Comorbid Mood Disorders
- Medical Marijuana Laws, Dispensaries May Reduce Deaths From Opioid Overdose
- Ketamine Infusion May Be Effective for the Short-Term Relief of CRPS-Associated Pain
- An Avenue for the Development of Opioid Adjuncts for Enhanced Analgesia, Reduced Abuse Potential
- Spinal Manipulative Therapy May Effectively Reduce Cervicogenic Headache Days
- Chronic Pain in Adolescents and Alexithymia
- Bedside Quantitative Sensory Testing May Reliably Assess Sensory Profiles in Neuropathic Pain
- Peripheral Neuropathy Management in the Primary Care Setting: A Guide
- The Link Between Medical Malpractice and Defensive Medicine
- Drug Copayments Often Exceed Prescription Drug Costs