Senator Bernie Sanders' Health Policy Advisors on Causes and Solutions to Healthcare Inequality in AmericaDecember 04, 2017
Healthcare disparities have increased along with widening economic inequality between wealthy and low-income Americans.
A recently published article exposes a gaping hole in the access to an effective first-line therapy for a portion of patients with cluster headache in the United States.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has launched an initiative to examine which provider regulations should be discarded or revamped amid concerns that the regulations are reducing the amount of time that physicians spend with patients.
Medicaid's best-price rule is not as serious a problem as drug manufacturers imply, although it may affect novel pricing arrangements.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services added new online resources to assist physicians participating in the Merit-based Incentive Payment System and to those exploring the opportunities available.
Federal standards that mean states will need to deliver care to elderly and disabled Medicaid enrollees in home and community-based settings will take effect in 2022.
The challenges to providing optimal levels of healthcare for people using Medicaid systems are many-fold.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- First Non-Opioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Pain Interference Associated With Depression, Pain Self-Efficacy in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- Remission Rates and Predictors of Chronic Headache
- Overuse and Underuse of Imaging Common in Low Back Pain Management
- Unit-Dose Packaging of Buprenorphine-Naloxone Effective on Unintentional Pediatric Exposure
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Opioid-Related Adverse Drug Events Associated With Worse Patient, Cost Outcomes