Generic Name and Formulations:
Pegaptanib sodium 0.3mg/prefilled syringe; soln for oph intravitreous inj; preservative-free.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for MACUGEN:
Treatment of neovascular (wet) age-related macular degeneration.
Give by intravitreous inj. 0.3mg once every 6 weeks into the eye to be treated.
Ocular or periocular infections.
Monitor for infection during week following inj (endophthalmitis possible). Monitor intraocular pressure and perfusion of optic nerve. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) inhibitor.
Anterior chamber inflammation, blurred vision, cataract, conjunctival hemorrhage, corneal edema, eye discharge, eye irritation, eye pain, hypertension, increased intraocular pressure, ocular discomfort, punctate keratitis, reduced visual acuity, visual disturbances, vitreous floaters, vitreous opacities, blepharitis, conjunctivitis, photopsia, bronchitis, diarrhea, dizziness, headache, nausea, UTI, others.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Deaths After Nonfatal Opioid Overdose: Causes and Risk Factors
- Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Associated With Reduced Risk for Opioid-Related Deaths
- Opioid-Free Analgesia Use for Postsurgical Pain Limited
- Clonidine May Not Improve Post-Cesarean Delivery Analgesia
- No Added Value With Liposomal Bupivacaine Following TKA With Peripheral Nerve Block
- Recommendations for Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Tolerance
- Vertebroplasty Comparable With Placebo for Acute Vertebral Compression Fractures
- Capsaicin 8% Patch May Be Effective in Neuropathic Pain
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Prior Authorization Policy May Help Reduce Long-Acting Opioid Use
- Opioid-Related Deaths Represent Significant Public Health Burden
- Addressing Confidentiality Concerns With Electronic Access to Pediatric Medical Records
- Opioid-Related Adverse Events Common After Invasive Procedures
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Migraine in Children Should Consider Atopy
- Led by AG Sessions, DOJ Declines to Defend ACA Against Federal Lawsuit