LOPRESSOR HCT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Metoprolol tartrate, hydrochlorothiazide 50mg/25mg, 100mg/25mg; scored tabs.
Indications for LOPRESSOR HCT:
Titrate individual components.
Sinus bradycardia. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Overt heart failure. Cardiogenic shock. Sick-sinus syndrome. Severe peripheral circulatory disorders. Anuria. Sulfonamide allergy.
CHF. Ischemic heart disease. Bronchospastic disease, COPD. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Gout. Diabetes. Postsympathectomy. Hyperthyroidism. Surgery. SLE. Avoid abrupt cessation. Monitor electrolytes. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiated by alcohol, CNS depressants, other antihypertensives. Bradycardia with catecholamine-depleting drugs. Metoprolol potentiated by felodipine. Increased toxicity of calcium channel blockers, lidocaine, diazoxide, digitalis, lithium. Antagonized by NSAIDs, barbiturates, rifampin. Amphotericin B, ACTH, corticosteroids increase hypokalemia risk. Adjust antidiabetic medication. May antagonize epinephrine. May interfere with parathyroid, glaucoma screening tests.
Cardioselective beta-blocker + diuretic.
Fatigue, bronchospasm, dizziness, drowsiness, headache, fluid or electrolyte imbalance, bradycardia, depression, dyspnea, GI upset, blurred vision, tinnitus, earache, impotence, myalgia, cold extremities, CHF, heart block.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Cannabis Use High in Migraine
- Sustained-Release Sodium Nitrite for Diabetic Neuropathic Pain Not Associated With Headaches
- Restless Leg Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, and Depression Frequent in Migraine
- Percutaneous Electrolysis May Be Useful Adjunct for Subacromial Pain Syndrome
- Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Associated With Reduced Risk for Opioid-Related Deaths
- Recommendations for Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Tolerance
- Vertebroplasty Comparable With Placebo for Acute Vertebral Compression Fractures
- Capsaicin 8% Patch May Be Effective in Neuropathic Pain
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Prior Authorization Policy May Help Reduce Long-Acting Opioid Use
- Deaths After Nonfatal Opioid Overdose: Causes and Risk Factors
- Targeted Educational Intervention Helped Reduce Opioid Exposure in Adult Inpatients
- Systematic Cross-Checking May Reduce Medical Errors in Emergency Departments
- Corticosteroid Plus Lidocaine Injections Do Not Alleviate Pain in Central Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
- Tofacitinib May Effectively Alleviate Pain in RA, Psoriatic Arthritis, and Ankylosing Spondylitis