LOFIBRA TABLETS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Fenofibrate 54mg, 160mg; tabs.
Indications for LOFIBRA TABLETS:
Adjunct to diet in hypertriglyceridemia (Types IV and V), and to reduce elevated total-C, LDL-C, apo B, and TG, and to increase HDL-C, in primary hypercholesterolemia and mixed dyslipidemia (Types IIa and IIb).
Take with food. Hypertriglyceridemia: 54mg–160mg/day; adjust in 4–8 week intervals. Hypercholesterolemia, dyslipidemia: 160mg/day. Renal impairment (CrCl<50mL/min): initially 54mg/day. Discontinue if inadequate response after 2 months on max dose.
Hepatic dysfunction. Primary biliary cirrhosis. Severe renal dysfunction. Gallbladder disease.
Renal impairment. Monitor CBCs for first year; monitor liver function, discontinue if ALT (SGPT) levels >3xULN persist. Discontinue if markedly elevated CPK levels, myopathy, or gallstones occur. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid statins. Potentiates oral anticoagulants (monitor). Allow at least 1 hour before or 4–6 hours after bile acid sequestrants. Caution with immunosuppressants (eg, cyclosporine), other nephrotoxic drugs.
Abnormal liver function tests, elevated CPK, respiratory or GI effects, myopathy, cholelithiasis, pancreatitis, increased creatinine, rash; rare: rhabdomyolysis, transient hematologic changes, blood dyscrasias.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- First Non-Opioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Pain Interference Associated With Depression, Pain Self-Efficacy in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- Remission Rates and Predictors of Chronic Headache
- Overuse and Underuse of Imaging Common in Low Back Pain Management
- Unit-Dose Packaging of Buprenorphine-Naloxone Effective on Unintentional Pediatric Exposure
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Opioid-Related Adverse Drug Events Associated With Worse Patient, Cost Outcomes