Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorambucil 2mg; tabs.
Indications for LEUKERAN:
Palliative treatment of chronic lymphatic (lymphocytic) leukemia and malignant lymphomas (including lymphosarcoma, giant follicular lymphoma, and Hodgkin's disease).
See literature. 0.1–0.2mg/kg per day for 3–6 weeks. Reduce dose if leukocyte or platelet counts fall below normal values and discontinue if more severe depression occurs. Do not give full dose within 4 weeks of radio- or chemotherapy.
Compromised bone marrow function. History of seizure disorder or head trauma. Monitor blood weekly (during first 3–6 weeks, do WBC count 3–4 days after each weekly CBC). Discontinue if skin reactions occur. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.D), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid live vaccines. Myelosuppressives, radiotherapy potentiate antineoplastic effect. Caution with drugs that lower seizure threshold.
Bone marrow suppression, seizures, fever, rash, hypersensitivity, urticaria, azoospermia, amenorrhea, sterility, hepato- and pulmonary toxicity, secondary malignancies, GI upset.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- Striking a Balance Between Opioid Surveillance and Patient Privacy
- Demographic Characteristics of Pregnant Women With Opioid Use Disorder
- Effects of Mindfulness Therapy, Pharmacologic Prophylaxis on Catecholamine Levels in Migraine
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Seven-Item Pain Intensity Measure Reliable in Individuals With Dementia
- Managing Comorbid Opioid and Alcohol Use Disorder
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Reviewing the Efficacy of Invasive Procedures for Chronic Back, Knee Pain
- What Do Clinicians Do in Response to Aberrant Urine Drug Test Results?
- Photo Elicitation on Social Media Can Provide Perspective to Patients With Chronic Pain
- Patients Assume Postoperative Opioids Are Best for Pain Relief
- Educational Disabilities More Likely With Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- When Will Medicine Join the Women's Movement?