Good screening is key to good treatment.
It is not hard to understand that pain can make sleep difficult, but how does sleep disturbance drive pain sensitivity?
Treating this neuropathic pain condition can be complicated because of polypharmacy, drug dosing schedules, adverse events, drug-drug interactions, and patient comorbidities.
Advising patients to ask questions before surgery can reduce communication problems after surgery.
The Institute of Medicine has estimated that chronic pain affects approximately 100 million adults in the United States, with an estimated annual cost of up to $635 billion.
Developing drugs that selectively block specific sodium channels could be the holy grail of neuropathic pain treatment.
Research on the relationship between footwear, injury and subsequent pain rates is limited. A switch to a minimalist shoe or barefoot running should be done gradually.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Trigger Point Injections, Pulsed Radiofrequency for Abdominal Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Safety, Efficacy of Lidocaine Infusion for Prolonged Neuropathic Pain
- Assessing the Efficacy of Low-Dose Amitriptyline for Idiopathic Chronic Neck Pain
- CBT vs Pain Education for Chronic Pain in Low-Income Clinics
- Trigger Point Dry Needling Plus Exercise Cost-Effective for Subacromial Pain Syndrome
- Exploring the Connections Between Neuropathic Pain and Comorbid Mood Disorders
- Medical Marijuana Laws, Dispensaries May Reduce Deaths From Opioid Overdose
- Ketamine Infusion May Be Effective for the Short-Term Relief of CRPS-Associated Pain
- An Avenue for the Development of Opioid Adjuncts for Enhanced Analgesia, Reduced Abuse Potential
- Spinal Manipulative Therapy May Effectively Reduce Cervicogenic Headache Days
- Chronic Pain in Adolescents and Alexithymia
- Bedside Quantitative Sensory Testing May Reliably Assess Sensory Profiles in Neuropathic Pain
- Peripheral Neuropathy Management in the Primary Care Setting: A Guide
- The Link Between Medical Malpractice and Defensive Medicine
- Drug Copayments Often Exceed Prescription Drug Costs