Generic Name and Formulations:
Olaratumab 500mg/50mL; soln for IV infusion; preservative-free.
Lilly, Eli and Company
Indications for LARTRUVO:
In combination with doxorubicin, for the treatment of adults with soft tissue sarcoma with a histologic subtype for which an anthracycline-containing regimen is appropriate and which is not amenable to curative treatment with radiotherapy or surgery.
Premedicate with IV diphenhydramine and IV dexamethasone prior to infusion on Day 1 of cycle 1. Give with doxorubicin for the first 8 cycles: refer to doxorubicin PI for dosing and modifications. Give by IV infusion over 60mins. 15mg/kg on Days 1 and 8 of each 21-day cycle until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Dose modifications: see full labeling.
Have resuscitative equipment available. Monitor for signs/symptoms of infusion-related reactions during and post-infusion. Permanently discontinue for Grade 3/4 infusion-related reactions; interrupt for Grade 1/2 infusion-related reactions; resume at 50% of initial rate after resolution. If neutropenic fever/infection or Grade 4 neutropenia lasts >1 week, discontinue until ANC ≥1,000μL then permanently reduce dose to 12mg/kg. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Females of reproductive potential should use effective contraception during and for 3 months after last dose. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for 3 months after last dose).
With doxorubicin: nausea, fatigue, musculoskeletal pain, mucositis, alopecia, vomiting, diarrhea, decreased appetite, abdominal pain, neuropathy, headache, anxiety, dry eyes, lymphopenia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, hyperglycemia, elevated aPTT, hypokalemia, hypophosphatemia, increased alkaline phosphatase.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- First Non-Opioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Pain Interference Associated With Depression, Pain Self-Efficacy in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- Opioid-Related Adverse Drug Events Associated With Worse Patient, Cost Outcomes
- Education Plus Exercise, Single Corticosteroid Injection Effective in Long Term for Gluteal Tendinopathy
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Naloxone Training Beneficial for PA Students
- Supervised Injection Sites Hailed as the Latest Strategy to Fight the Opioid Crisis