Altered Urinary pH
Respiratory or metabolic acidosis
Respiratory or metabolic alkalosis Defect in renal tubular secretion and reabsorption
Don't Miss - Dangerous Situations
Severe acidosis or alkalosis could result in a lethal outcome in the short term and should be addressed immediately.
Commonly Encountered Situations
There are many causes of acidosis and alkalosis with altered urinary pH.
Suggested Additional Lab Testing
Blood gas testing is valuable in the assessment of respiratory or metabolic acidosis or alkalosis.
Serum or plasma BUN or creatinine for initial assessment of renal function should be ordered.
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- FDA's Flush List: Assessing the Environmental Impact
- Intrathecal Ziconotide Long-Term Efficacy and Safety for Severe Chronic Pain
- Sciatic Plus Femoral Nerve Blocks Effective on Total Hip Arthroplasty-Related Pain
- Yoga Improves Health Outcomes in Veterans With Chronic Low Back Pain
- Morphine Lacks Efficacy for RA, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia
- Uniport vs Multiport Catheters for Labor Epidural Analgesia
- Disease Activity Biomarker in Pediatric SLE
- Guidance on Preventing Medical Billing Errors
- Preemptive Analgesia With Acetaminophen Reduces Headaches Associated With Electroconvulsive Therapy
- Minimum Headache Duration Requiring Subarachnoid Hemorrhage Evaluation