Generic Name and Formulations:
Lactulose 10g, 20g; per packet; crystals for reconstitution.
Cumberland Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for KRISTALOSE:
10–20g dissolved in 4oz water daily; max 40g/day. 20g is equivalent to 30mL liq lactulose.
Galactose restricted diets.
Electrocautery in proctoscopy, colonoscopy. Reduce dose or discontinue if diarrhea persists. Monitor electrolytes if used >6 months in elderly or debilitated. Diabetes. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
May be antagonized by nonabsorbable antacids.
Flatulence, intestinal cramps, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, electrolyte imbalances.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Brain Plasticity in Patients With Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Perturbation-Based Rehabilitation Effective for Chronic Low Back Pain
- Cannabis Use Associated With Relationship Between Pain and Negative Affect
- FDA Expresses Safety Concern Over Kratom
- Cannabidiol Concentrations Widely Vary in Products Sold Online
- Cannabis Use Associated With Aberrant Drug Behaviors
- Walgreens to Carry Naloxone in All Pharmacies to Combat Drug Abuse
- Independent Pharmacies Expanding Services Available to Patients
- Ketamine Exhibits Effective Pain Relief for Refractory Headaches
- Pain In Elite Athletes: IOC Recommendations on Contributing Factors and Treatment Approach
- Naproxen Plus Muscle Relaxants vs Naproxen Monotherapy for Low Back Pain
- Pain Processing: Examining the Role of Oxytocin
- Short- vs Long-Acting Opioids for Osteoarthritis Pain
- Extended-Release Naltrexone Injections Reduce Opioid Dependence
- Depressive Symptoms in Medical Interns Increased With Work-Family Conflicts