Generic Name and Formulations:
Lactulose 10g, 20g; per packet; crystals for reconstitution.
Cumberland Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for KRISTALOSE:
10–20g dissolved in 4oz water daily; max 40g/day. 20g is equivalent to 30mL liq lactulose.
Galactose restricted diets.
Electrocautery in proctoscopy, colonoscopy. Reduce dose or discontinue if diarrhea persists. Monitor electrolytes if used >6 months in elderly or debilitated. Diabetes. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
May be antagonized by nonabsorbable antacids.
Flatulence, intestinal cramps, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, electrolyte imbalances.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Tools to Address the Opioid Crisis
- Methamphetamine Use on the Rise in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Operant Learning May Provide More Benefits Than Energy Conservation in Fibromyalgia
- Patterns of Non-Medical Prescription Opioid Use in Adolescents
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- FDA Panel Votes in Favor of Abuse-Deterrent Oxycodone Reformulation
- FDA Proposes New Restrictions on Sale of Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems
- Central Sensitization in Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome
- Pain Acceptance May Reduce Headache-Related Disability in Migraine
- FDA Issues Safety Alert Regarding Intrathecal Delivery of Pain Meds