Generic Name and Formulations:
Psyllium hydrophilic mucilloid 6g; per packet or rounded teaspoon; sugar-free pwd.
Indications for KONSYL:
Adults and Children:
Mix in 8oz liq, then drink 8oz more liq. <6yrs: not recommended. 6–12yrs: ½ adult dose. ≥12yrs: 1 packet or rounded teaspoonful (1 rounded tablespoonful for Konsyl Orange) 1–3 times daily.
Signs/symptoms of appendicitis. Intestinal obstruction. Fecal impaction.
Rectal bleeding. Diabetes (sugar-containing forms).
Tablets block tetracycline absorption (give at least 1hr before or 2hrs after tetracycline).
Esophageal, gastric, enteral, rectal obstruction.
Original—10.6oz, 15.9oz; Original packets—30; D—11.5oz, 17.5oz; Orange—19oz; Sugar-Free—10.6oz, 15.9oz; Sugar-Free packets—30; Sugar-Free Orange—15oz; Easy Mix—8.8oz (w. scoop); Tabs—90; Caps—100
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Stat Consult: Chronic Low Back Pain
- Opioid Misuse May Help Predict Alcohol Dependence Treatment Outcomes
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Methadone Improves Short-Term Outcomes Better Than Morphine in Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Addressing Rare Headache Disorders: Acute Confusional Migraine
- Hospital-Owned Practices Associated With Positive Workplace Perceptions Among Staff
- Optimal Strategies for Opioid Weaning After Ambulatory Surgery
- Chinese Traditional Medicine Showed Effectiveness on Pain, Quality of Life in Advanced Cancer