KONSYL ORANGE OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Psyllium hydrophilic mucilloid 3.4g; per packet or rounded tablespoonful; pwd; orange-flavor.
Indications for KONSYL ORANGE:
Adults and Children:
Mix in 8oz liq, then drink 8oz more liq. <6yrs: not recommended. 6–12yrs: ½ adult dose. ≥12yrs: 1 packet or rounded teaspoonful (1 rounded tablespoonful for Konsyl Orange) 1–3 times daily.
Signs/symptoms of appendicitis. Intestinal obstruction. Fecal impaction.
Rectal bleeding. Diabetes (sugar-containing forms).
Tablets block tetracycline absorption (give at least 1hr before or 2hrs after tetracycline).
Esophageal, gastric, enteral, rectal obstruction.
Original—10.6oz, 15.9oz; Original packets—30; D—11.5oz, 17.5oz; Orange—19oz; Sugar-Free—10.6oz, 15.9oz; Sugar-Free packets—30; Sugar-Free Orange—15oz; Easy Mix—8.8oz (w. scoop); Tabs—90; Caps—100
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Deaths After Nonfatal Opioid Overdose: Causes and Risk Factors
- Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Associated With Reduced Risk for Opioid-Related Deaths
- Opioid-Free Analgesia Use for Postsurgical Pain Limited
- Clonidine May Not Improve Post-Cesarean Delivery Analgesia
- No Added Value With Liposomal Bupivacaine Following TKA With Peripheral Nerve Block
- Recommendations for Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Tolerance
- Vertebroplasty Comparable With Placebo for Acute Vertebral Compression Fractures
- Capsaicin 8% Patch May Be Effective in Neuropathic Pain
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Prior Authorization Policy May Help Reduce Long-Acting Opioid Use
- Opioid-Related Deaths Represent Significant Public Health Burden
- Addressing Confidentiality Concerns With Electronic Access to Pediatric Medical Records
- Opioid-Related Adverse Events Common After Invasive Procedures
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Migraine in Children Should Consider Atopy
- Led by AG Sessions, DOJ Declines to Defend ACA Against Federal Lawsuit