KOGENATE FS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Antihemophilic Factor VIII (recombinant) 250 IU, 500 IU, 1000 IU, 2000 IU, 3000 IU; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution; contains sucrose; preservative-free.
Indications for KOGENATE FS:
Prevention and control of hemorrhagic episodes in Hemophilia A. Surgical prophylaxis in Hemophilia A. Routine prophylaxis to reduce frequency of hemorrhagic episodes and joint damage in children with Hemophilia A with no pre-existing joint damage.
Adults and Children:
Dosage Required (IU) = Body Weight (kg) × Desired % Factor VIII Increase × 0.5. Individualize. Infuse over 1–15mins if tolerated. Minor hemorrhage: 10–20 IU/kg; may repeat dose if needed. Moderate hemorrhage or minor surgery: 15–30 IU/kg; may repeat dose every 12–24hrs until resolved. Major hemorrhage, fractures or head trauma: initially 40–50 IU/kg, then 20–25 IU/kg every 8–12hrs until resolved. Major surgery: pre-op: 50 IU/kg (verify 100% activity prior to surgery); repeat if needed after 6–12hrs initially, and for 10–14 days until completely healed. Routine prophylaxis in children: 25 IU/kg every other day.
Mouse or hamster protein sensitivity.
Not for von Willebrand's disease. Confirm Factor VIII deficiency prior to treatment. Monitor for development of Factor VIII inhibitors. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Inj site reactions, dizziness, rash, BP increase, pruritus, hypersensitivity reactions, antibody formation, central venous line-associated infections.
Kit—1 (vial w. diluent and BIO-SET system)
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Deaths After Nonfatal Opioid Overdose: Causes and Risk Factors
- Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Associated With Reduced Risk for Opioid-Related Deaths
- Opioid-Free Analgesia Use for Postsurgical Pain Limited
- Clonidine May Not Improve Post-Cesarean Delivery Analgesia
- No Added Value With Liposomal Bupivacaine Following TKA With Peripheral Nerve Block
- Recommendations for Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Tolerance
- Vertebroplasty Comparable With Placebo for Acute Vertebral Compression Fractures
- Capsaicin 8% Patch May Be Effective in Neuropathic Pain
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Prior Authorization Policy May Help Reduce Long-Acting Opioid Use
- Opioid-Related Deaths Represent Significant Public Health Burden
- Addressing Confidentiality Concerns With Electronic Access to Pediatric Medical Records
- Opioid-Related Adverse Events Common After Invasive Procedures
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Migraine in Children Should Consider Atopy
- Led by AG Sessions, DOJ Declines to Defend ACA Against Federal Lawsuit