Ketamine infusion may provide short-term pain relief for patients with complex regional pain syndrome.
Acute pain management in the emergency department with low-dose ketamine may provide pain relief comparable with morphine at 30 minutes.
Current evidence suggests ketamine may be an effective therapy for the management of chronic noncancer pain.
Ketamine is associated with significant pain relief among patients with refractory headaches.
Ketamine was found to alleviate several pain modalities, and a number of clinical trials investigating its efficacy are ongoing.
Ketamine may alleviate depression, pain, and adverse effects associated with opioid treatment, and may thus represent an attractive adjunct therapy for pain management.
A ketamine regimen is superior to methadone, or ketamine combined with methadone, in alleviating neuropathic pain and associated sensory changes.
A combination of ketamine infusion treatment and psychotherapy was found to attenuate PTSD manifestation and reduce pain scores.
Often, family and friends cannot appreciate the depth of pain and suffering that depression can cause.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Trigger Point Injections, Pulsed Radiofrequency for Abdominal Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Safety, Efficacy of Lidocaine Infusion for Prolonged Neuropathic Pain
- Assessing the Efficacy of Low-Dose Amitriptyline for Idiopathic Chronic Neck Pain
- CBT vs Pain Education for Chronic Pain in Low-Income Clinics
- Trigger Point Dry Needling Plus Exercise Cost-Effective for Subacromial Pain Syndrome
- Exploring the Connections Between Neuropathic Pain and Comorbid Mood Disorders
- Medical Marijuana Laws, Dispensaries May Reduce Deaths From Opioid Overdose
- Ketamine Infusion May Be Effective for the Short-Term Relief of CRPS-Associated Pain
- An Avenue for the Development of Opioid Adjuncts for Enhanced Analgesia, Reduced Abuse Potential
- Spinal Manipulative Therapy May Effectively Reduce Cervicogenic Headache Days
- Chronic Pain in Adolescents and Alexithymia
- Bedside Quantitative Sensory Testing May Reliably Assess Sensory Profiles in Neuropathic Pain
- Peripheral Neuropathy Management in the Primary Care Setting: A Guide
- The Link Between Medical Malpractice and Defensive Medicine
- Drug Copayments Often Exceed Prescription Drug Costs