Generic Name and Formulations:
Cangrelor 50mg/vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution and dilution; contains mannitol, sorbitol.
The Medicines Company
Indications for KENGREAL:
As adjunct to percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) for reducing the risk of periprocedural myocardial infarction (MI), repeat coronary revascularization, and stent thrombosis (ST) in patients who have not been treated with a P2Y12 platelet inhibitor and are not being given a glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitor.
Initially 30mcg/kg IV bolus prior to PCI, followed immediately by 4mcg/kg/min IV infusion; continue infusion for ≥2hrs or for duration of PCI, whichever is longer. Transitioning to oral P2Y12 therapy: see full labeling.
Significant active bleeding.
Increased risk of bleeding. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Do not administer clopidogrel or prasugrel during infusion.
P2Y12 platelet inhibitor (ATP analog).
Bleeding, renal impairment, dyspnea, hypersensitivity reactions.
Single-use vial (10mL)—1, 10
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Brain Plasticity in Patients With Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Chronic Pain Associated With Traumatic Brain Injury: Causes and Management
- Perturbation-Based Rehabilitation Effective for Chronic Low Back Pain
- Migraine Frequency Correlated With Depression and Anxiety
- IBS-Associated Chronic Pain: Formulation of Core Diagnostic Criteria
- Cannabis Use Associated With Aberrant Drug Behaviors
- Walgreens to Carry Naloxone in All Pharmacies to Combat Drug Abuse
- Independent Pharmacies Expanding Services Available to Patients
- Ketamine Exhibits Effective Pain Relief for Refractory Headaches
- Pain In Elite Athletes: IOC Recommendations on Contributing Factors and Treatment Approach
- Naproxen Plus Muscle Relaxants vs Naproxen Monotherapy for Low Back Pain
- Pain Processing: Examining the Role of Oxytocin
- Short- vs Long-Acting Opioids for Osteoarthritis Pain
- Extended-Release Naltrexone Injections Reduce Opioid Dependence
- Depressive Symptoms in Medical Interns Increased With Work-Family Conflicts