KARBINAL ER Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Carbinoxamine maleate extended-release 4mg/5mL; oral susp; strawberry-banana flavor; contain sulfites.
Indications for KARBINAL ER:
Allergic (seasonal and perennial) and vasomotor rhinitis, conjunctivitis, urticaria, angioedema, reactions to blood or plasma. Adjunct in anaphylaxis. Dermatographism.
Use accurate measuring device. Individualize. 7.5–20mL (6–16mg) every 12hrs.
<2yrs: contraindicated. Use accurate measuring device. Individualize. 2–3yrs: 3.75–5mL (3–4mg) every 12hrs; 4–5yrs: 3.75–10mL (3–8mg) every 12hrs; 6–11yrs: 7.5–15mL (6–12mg) every 12hrs.
Children <2yrs old. Concomitant MAOIs. Nursing mothers.
Increased intraocular pressure. Narrow angle glaucoma. Hyperthyroidism. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Stenosing peptic ulcer. GI or GU obstruction. Asthma. Sulfite allergy. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
See Contraindications. MAOIs potentiate anticholinergic effects. Additive CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants (eg, hypnotics, sedatives, tranquilizers); avoid.
Sedation, sleepiness, dizziness, disturbed coordination, epigastric distress, thickening of bronchial secretions; hypersensitivity reactions.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- First Non-Opioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Pain Interference Associated With Depression, Pain Self-Efficacy in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- Opioid-Related Adverse Drug Events Associated With Worse Patient, Cost Outcomes
- Education Plus Exercise, Single Corticosteroid Injection Effective in Long Term for Gluteal Tendinopathy
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Naloxone Training Beneficial for PA Students
- Supervised Injection Sites Hailed as the Latest Strategy to Fight the Opioid Crisis