KARBINAL ER Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Carbinoxamine maleate extended-release 4mg/5mL; oral susp; strawberry-banana flavor; contain sulfites.
Indications for KARBINAL ER:
Allergic (seasonal and perennial) and vasomotor rhinitis, conjunctivitis, urticaria, angioedema, reactions to blood or plasma. Adjunct in anaphylaxis. Dermatographism.
Use accurate measuring device. Individualize. 7.5–20mL (6–16mg) every 12hrs.
<2yrs: contraindicated. Use accurate measuring device. Individualize. 2–3yrs: 3.75–5mL (3–4mg) every 12hrs; 4–5yrs: 3.75–10mL (3–8mg) every 12hrs; 6–11yrs: 7.5–15mL (6–12mg) every 12hrs.
Children <2yrs old. Concomitant MAOIs. Nursing mothers.
Increased intraocular pressure. Narrow angle glaucoma. Hyperthyroidism. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Stenosing peptic ulcer. GI or GU obstruction. Asthma. Sulfite allergy. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
See Contraindications. MAOIs potentiate anticholinergic effects. Additive CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants (eg, hypnotics, sedatives, tranquilizers); avoid.
Sedation, sleepiness, dizziness, disturbed coordination, epigastric distress, thickening of bronchial secretions; hypersensitivity reactions.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Brain Plasticity in Patients With Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Perturbation-Based Rehabilitation Effective for Chronic Low Back Pain
- Cannabis Use Associated With Relationship Between Pain and Negative Affect
- FDA Expresses Safety Concern Over Kratom
- Cannabidiol Concentrations Widely Vary in Products Sold Online
- Cannabis Use Associated With Aberrant Drug Behaviors
- Walgreens to Carry Naloxone in All Pharmacies to Combat Drug Abuse
- Independent Pharmacies Expanding Services Available to Patients
- Ketamine Exhibits Effective Pain Relief for Refractory Headaches
- Pain In Elite Athletes: IOC Recommendations on Contributing Factors and Treatment Approach
- Naproxen Plus Muscle Relaxants vs Naproxen Monotherapy for Low Back Pain
- Pain Processing: Examining the Role of Oxytocin
- Short- vs Long-Acting Opioids for Osteoarthritis Pain
- Extended-Release Naltrexone Injections Reduce Opioid Dependence
- Depressive Symptoms in Medical Interns Increased With Work-Family Conflicts