Most Recent Articles by Joel Cooper
Serving an estimated 141.4 million patients a year and providing an average of 47.7% of all medical care in the United States, our emergency departments reflect all the good and bad about our nation's healthcare system.
Coeditor-in-chief of The Encyclopedia of Creativity ,Steven Pritzker, PhD, discusses how physicians can utilize creativity in health care to improve patient care.
Concierge medicine fills an important and growing niche in today's medical marketplace, appealing to thousands of physicians around the country and the scores of patients they serve.
There is a lot you can learn from your patients that was never taught at medical school.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Prescribed Opioids Difficulties Scale Effective for Assessing Concerns of Patients With Chronic Pain
- Predictors of Opioid Overdose in High-Risk Users
- Half of Patients Referred for Behavioral Treatment of Migraine Never Initiate Treatment
- Optimal Strategies for Opioid Weaning After Ambulatory Surgery
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Higher PainDETECT Scores, Neuropathic Pain Preoperatively May Increase Risk for Chronic Pain Post-TKR
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Erenumab Reduces Monthly Migraine Days in Patients With Treatment-Resistant Migraine
- Government and Industry Lead the Way in Funding USPSTF Systematic Reviews
- Communication-Based Intervention Increases Goals-of-Care Discussions Between Physicians, Patients With Serious Illness