Most Recent Articles by Joel Cooper
Serving an estimated 141.4 million patients a year and providing an average of 47.7% of all medical care in the United States, our emergency departments reflect all the good and bad about our nation's healthcare system.
Coeditor-in-chief of The Encyclopedia of Creativity ,Steven Pritzker, PhD, discusses how physicians can utilize creativity in health care to improve patient care.
Concierge medicine fills an important and growing niche in today's medical marketplace, appealing to thousands of physicians around the country and the scores of patients they serve.
There is a lot you can learn from your patients that was never taught at medical school.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Low Back Pain: Contributing Factors, Prophylactic Strategies, and Effective Treatments
- Betel Quid Addiction and Implications for Substance Use Disorder
- Peripherally Acting Opioid and Cannabinoid May Be Effective for Neuropathic Pain
- New Blood Test Shows High Accuracy for Diagnosing Fibromyalgia
- Positive Affect, Resilience, and Pain in MS With Chronic Pain
- Exploring the Connections Between Neuropathic Pain and Comorbid Mood Disorders
- Medical Marijuana Laws, Dispensaries May Reduce Deaths From Opioid Overdose
- Ketamine Infusion May Be Effective for the Short-Term Relief of CRPS-Associated Pain
- An Avenue for the Development of Opioid Adjuncts for Enhanced Analgesia, Reduced Abuse Potential
- Non-Opioid Therapies for Pain Management in the ED
- Opioids vs Nonopioid Medications for Chronic Back, Knee, and Hip Osteoarthritis Pain
- Conventional vs High-Frequency Spinal Cord Stimulation for Chronic Pain
- Evaluating Headache in the Elderly: Primary vs Secondary Causes
- Custom Foot Orthotics vs OTC Insoles for Plantar Heel Pain
- Once-Monthly Erenumab Injections May Be Effective for Episodic Migraine Prophylaxis